Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
- The Risk Advisor position is the primary safety and security advisor and security focal point for Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION).
- Reporting to the Country Director, the Risk Advisor will be responsible for fostering a culture of safety and security amongst team members and developing a strong organisational security management infrastructure. They will be directly involved with programme design and implementation, looking at general aspects of risk.
- This will be achieved through: regular analysis of the security and operating environment in Nigeria; analysing critical incidents affecting MSION, international employees and INGOs; developing and managing safety and security guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures; providing security briefings to all international visitors and conduct security inductions with all new team members; integrating security policy to all business areas; and developing and testing contingency plans.
- S/he will the first responder to any critical incident, and will review and make recommendations to the Country Management Team regarding safety and security management.
- Overall responsibility for leading a risk advisory team overseeing and analysing medical, financial, reputational, and duty of care risk, providing risk mitigation advice to the Senior Management Team
- Work closely with programmes/medical, finance, logistics and human resources departments to ensure that all new and existing projects have assessed operational risk, have documented and implemented the appropriate mitigations, and achieved duty of care
- Lead and/or support investigations of medical incidents, fraud, duty of care and insurance gaps
- Overall responsibility for ensuring MSION continually meets its Duty of Care requirements in relation to security management and in line with MSI’s Global Security Framework
- Create and update the MSION National Essential Security Package (ESP) (including Welcome Pack, Context Analysis, Threat Levels, Risk Assessment, Standard Operating Procedures, Contingency Plans and Crisis Management)
- Support MSION managers to create and update Regional ESPs (including Context Analysis, Threat Levels, Risk Assessment, Standard Operating Procedures, Contingency Plans)
- Management of day to day security incidents affecting MSION team members, assets and reputation
- Briefing, debriefing and security induction of all programme visitors, new and existing team members
- Ensure a high level of procedural and physical security measures are in place at all MSION premises, including access control, visitor protocols, key management, and appropriate branding / visibility
- Ensure that appropriate communications and other security related equipment is in place, functional, understood and appropriately used by all relevant staff members
- Contractual management of security guards and private security companies, including agreeing, checking and enforcing SOPs and performance.
- Renewal of contracts and management of payments to security communications and tracking suppliers
Crisis Management Support:
- Delivery of Crisis Management Training to the Crisis Management Team (CMT)
- Activate and ensure adherence to crisis protocol and procedures
- Advise the Country Director, CMT Lead and Support on possible actions, scenarios and outcomes during a crisis
- Ensure that decisions fully address duty of care requirements and maintain log book
- Provide links to external risk management specialists and Nigeria security networks
Human Resources Support:
- Assist HR with the security aspect of recruitment, selection, on-boarding and training of MSION positions with security responsibilities (e.g. Regional Managers)
- Successful technical management of the above positions
- Develop capacity within the country programme through training needs identification, training delivery and on the job support.
- Provide a security induction briefings to all new team members
- Attend and contribute to external security networks (donor, humanitarian forums, professional security working groups)
- Actively develop and maintain security influencer networks with a full range of stakeholders including community leaders, NGOs, donors, NGO security forums, government, police, armed forces, intelligence agencies, private security companies
- Continued contact, discussion and strategic planning with MSI’s Global Security Officer
- Ensure that MSION premises, vehicles and assets are free from hazards, safe and well prepared in terms of fire, natural disaster and general safety.
- Prepare and coordinate fire and natural disaster safety drills in all locations
- Relevant university degree, preferably risk management or international development
- Relevant security management training certificates (risk assessment, personal security, security management, abduction, hostile environment awareness) and 1st aid training
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role with NGOs, with extensive experience in implementing security management and procedures
- Extensive experience working in Nigeria will be an added advantage
- Experience with budget creation and management
- Experience in administration and team management
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to train and mobilise both international and national team members
- Computer and organisational skills
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Extensive and active security network
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the Support Office
Attitude / Motivation:
- Energy and passion for purpose
- Focus and drive and ability to stay on track
- Action orientated
- Focus on detail while being able to see the big picture
- Flexible and adaptable
- Culturally aware
- A compelling and influential communicator
- Strong networking skills
- Aligned with the values of MSION and Marie Stopes International
go to method of application »
- Co-ordinate logistics support for programmes, including requisitioning, receiving, storing, transportation, customs clearance, issuing and processing payment for services in accordance with MSN policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for identifying and promoting compliance with good transport and logistics practice by proactively identifying broader issues regarding logistical weakness/non-compliance to policies and guidelines for the assigned country programmes.
- Develop logistics procedures in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders within institutional donors’ rules and guidelines; disseminating these to enhance the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the supply chain within the programmes.
- Facilitate the supply chain for the organisation from procurement of goods into stock or direct to programmes including setting up transportation framework agreements after appropriate tendering processes and arranging freight forwarding or transport; ensuring that goods/services procured are delivered to end-user in a timely and cost effective manner within donor regulations.
- Advise field logistics teams on logistics procedures to ensure compliance with MSN policies, donor regulations and follow-up issues of non-compliance.
- Monitor and enhance procedures in operational programmes through field visits, giving advice and training, ensuring that programme staff follows donor rules, guidelines and good practice
- Coordinate with International Programmes and Field Office staff to ensure asset management and disposal procedures are followed in accordance with MSN policy as well as donor requirement.
- Responsible for the provision of the transportation support within a large or complex mission.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of MSN fleet at different locations.
- Develop and support the laid down regulation in accordance with the policies and directives on the acquisition, receipt, distribution, maintenance, utilisation and disposal of the MSN fleet.
- Ensure that the relevant accounting and audit requirements are upheld and the budgetary performance of the unit managed appropriately.
- Ensure adequate records for vehicle usage, fuelling, maintenance, insurance, incidence and other relevant documents are managed in accordance with internal and external standards (government regulations, environmental, health and security standards)
- Develop and maintain active road accident prevention programmes.
- Develop an effective and efficient plan for car hire including examining the costs and benefits of outsourcing transport functions and the feasibility in operational terms of executing the required assignment under consideration.
- Planning and overseeing building work/renovation
- Ensuring appropriate lease agreement management of all MSION facilities
- Guided by the DHRA’s advice, allocate and manage space within buildings housing MSION’s offices
- Manage building maintenance activities (Electrical, Mechanical, Structural and others)
- Coordinate cleaning and parking services within MSION facilities.
- Ensure that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advise on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, grounds and custodial workers
- Educated to Degree level with equivalent experience - essential
- Fluent written and spoken English - essential
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. CIPS - desirable.
- Experience of external representation i.e. NGO/Donor coordination meetings - desirable
- Knowledge of donor requirements and related compliance regulations (DFID, EU, USAID, KFW) - desirable
- Supply Chain Management and/or logistics/operational experience - essential
- Have a detailed knowledge of logistics processes, tools and techniques – essential
- Experience in working in a developing country environment in an operational, logistics or procurement position - desirable
- Resourceful, imaginative team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good long distance relations both with colleagues in the field and with external suppliers
- A flexible working attitude, proven ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to prioritise effectively
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven analytical skills and financial acumen i.e. management of budgets, tenders
- Proven ability to “sell” ideas and concepts to key stakeholders
- Process mapping skills
Attitude / Motivation:
- To have excellent initiative and the aptitude to work independently as required
- Strong commitment to the goal and vision of Marie Stopes International Organization
go to method of application »
- The main focus of the role will be: overall IT leadership for MSION, IT vision and planning, business engagement, IT governance and controls, data security, and supplier management.
- Be the primary point of contact for all IT related business requirements for the Country Director and senior programme leadership. Provide appropriate direction, guidance and resolution. Proactively consider and identify areas where technology can assist and enable the delivery MSION business goals.
- Provide effective communication and interaction with functional, channel and programme teams to ensure robust infrastructure and end-to-end solutions are delivered and ongoing support provided
- Lead and drive effective use of the IT governance processes. Ensure that all project activities are controlled within the processes and required approvals are obtained. Project manage individual projects, as required - working with key stakeholders, define, scope of projects and manage the implementation of identified IT projects as required, ensuring the delivery of the project objectives to meet agreed requirements and specifications.
- Overall responsibility for the smooth running of the IT infrastructure including Servers, Network, Virtualisation, Storage, Cloud and Desktop environments. Key to the success of this will be the development of a coherent infrastructure plan. Propose technical strategies and solutions, give guidance on all aspects of the MSION infrastructure to the IT team.
- Design and review of security policies and operational procedures for the protection of MSION data including anti-virus, encryption, mobile device management, effective back up (and restore) and disaster recovery - taking into account relevant national legislation and MSI organisational policies
- Provide effective supplier management. Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key vendors and partners. Provide advice and guidance on contract negotiation, IT hardware and solution procurement, and support and maintenance arrangements.
- Play a leading role in the development and justification of robust IT planning which is aligned to MSION business goals and priorities. Manage budgets and control expenditure within role remit.
- Provide leadership to the MSION IT team. Establish IT processes, best practices and procedures where required and provide advice and guidance to MSION IT staff. Establish regular meetings to better inform and share ideas, develop the team and resolve issues.
- Design and implement of a management reporting system which effectively tracks and measures IT delivery and performance against established criteria.
- Minimum of 8 years post-graduate experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic/ similar position.
- A good first Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Professional qualification e.g. MBA, PGC, RELEVANT IT CERTIFICATIONS will be an added advantage.
- Strong commercial knowledge to facilitate understanding of the business
- Technical knowledge to enable adding value through the use of technology (broad domain knowledge)
- A good understanding of technical architecture
- Previous experience of managing an IT team (technical, infrastructure, project delivery, business alignment, planning, support)
- Business process design
- Business change management
- Prior exposure to working in an NGO environment
- Significant management experience in a business facing IT role
- Demonstrated significant programme and project management experience
- Supplier management
- Exposure to web development lifecycle and web solution management
- Business case preparation and justification
- Portfolio management and prioritisation.
- Supplier management, procurement and contract negotiation. Preparation of RFI, RFP, ITT documentation
- Preparation of Business Case documentation
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong people/team management
- Strong finance and budget management
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Business empathy
- ITIL, Prince 2 exposure (or other IT service Management and Project Management Qualification)
Attitude / Motivation:
- Confident in leading with people at all levels in the organisation
- Team player, providing support and encouragement
- Open with new ideas, and proposing improvements
- Operate in an open and transparent manner with all MSION team members, stakeholders and customers
- Able to negotiate agreed solutions where conflicts arise.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language and ensuring information is clear and concise
- Use initiative to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Consultative approach to ensure that all team views are considered within decision making process
- Support and adherence to MSION vision and goals
- Focused on delivery with a ‘can do’ approach
go to method of application »
- The Project Manager will work closely with the Programme Director in ensuring that MSI funded project and PMDUP (DFID) projects are delivered efficiently and effectively in accordance with donor requirements and MSION broad strategic objectives.
- Specifically, with guidance of the programme director, the position holder is responsible for overall technical and programmatic implementation, oversight and coordination of MSI Funded and PMDUP projects.
- S/he oversees assigned project planning, ensures implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for the projects.
- S/he works closely with the Field Operations, Technical Services, Quality Technical Assurance and Management and other MSION project managers, to ensure that there is full integration at implementation level within MSION, other donors, implementing partners, and CSOs activities.
- The Project Manager is responsible for meeting all assigned projects’ technical, financial, and project monitoring obligations, ensuring deliverables, and project results specified and agreed with donors are achieved.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Results orientation
- Commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission of: empowering individuals to have children by choice not chance
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management and Operations:
- Under the oversight of the Programme Director, oversee all aspects of MSI Investment fund and PMDUP project implementation including:
- Lead in the drafting, review and implementation of MSI funded project and PMDUP work plans
- Lead in the execution of MSI funded projects like the Investment fund and the Choice project and PMDUP projects’ activities according to plan and donor guidelines.
- Lead in the development of forms, set up files to ensure that MSI funded project and PMDUP information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor progress of the PMDUP and MSI funded projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion of projects
- Ensure PMDUP and MSI funded project activities are implemented on time and within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Lead in writing PMDUP and MSI funded project reports, position papers, and updates as required
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities.
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
Work closely with the RME Manager to:
- Prepare and submit regular technical, progress and program monitoring reports to MSN and donors according to schedules and guidelines
- Write reports on PMDUP and MSI funded projects for management and for funders and support the preparation of financial reports and project documentation.
- Support MSN’s M&E function in development of plans and operations research that support and measures impact of quality of PMDUP and MSI funded projects.
External Relations and liaison
Work with the External relations Manager to:
- Ensure relationships and networks with stakeholders, and relevant private, public and not-for-profit organizations are created and maintained with a view to strengthening MSN's impact and future funding opportunities
- Liaise with service delivery (Outreach, Clinics and Training teams), sales and social franchise teams and other stakeholders to ensure projects are integrated at all levels.
- Ensure strong links between communication and community mobilization activities, at the systems level.
Work with the Quality Assurance team to:
- Ensure compliance with relevant donor rules and requirements for all projects
- Ensure compliance with MSI policies related to fund raising and project management
- From time to time address delegated duties assigned by the Programme Director and other SMT members.
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction and planning of the organisation
- Any other duty reasonably assigned by line manager
- Advanced degree in Public Health or related discipline required
- Experience in DFiD or other donor funded projects an asset
- Experience in project management
- Experience in Reproductive Health an asset
- Proven excellent project management abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop Willingness to travel as requested
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send a detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other) to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title as the subject of the email.
Note: Please note that this position is a local hire position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale