If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our client, a fully registered holding company with several subsidiaries is looking for a Bookstore Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Bookstore Manager will be responsible for the overall planning and organizing of the Bookstore operations to meet profitability objectives.
- Manages the operation of a store unit, including purchasing of supplies and books, special orders, receiving and shipping, and return of overstocked or defective merchandise.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Oversees and coordinates the payment of invoices and freight bills on blanket purchase orders, small purchase orders, and check requests.
- Prepares and administers the bookstore budget; recommends, implements, and administers operating policies and procedures.
- Works with faculty and vendors to acquire and assure availability of new/used texts and class supplies for students.
- Oversees maintenance of stock, displays, signs, and inventory; manages year-end inventory.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- May oversee or manage the operation of auxiliary services such as vending machines or student service areas.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Broad base of basic retailing knowledge and skills.
- Good administrative, supervisory and budget management skills.
- Good customer relation skills; ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of store clientele, outside vendors and organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 to 6 years of relevant retail experience, preferably in a University bookstore
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting or other appropriate discipline.
- Good general understanding of a University bookstore operations.
- Broad knowledge of retail sales operations and management, merchandising, computerized applications of Point-of-Sales
go to method of application »
Our client, a fully registered holding company with several subsidiaries is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans organizes and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Effectively liaise with government agencies like LIRS, NSITF, ITF and HMOs.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiencyof department and services performed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
- Degree qualified in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other HR-related disciplines
- Minimum of 8 years professional work in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management; at least 5 of which has been at supervisory/managerial levels.
- Relevant professional qualification such as CIPM, SHRM, HRCI, CIPD will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in Consulting desirable
- Good people skills and knowledge of employment laws (local and international) are required
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Bradfield's Career Page