Value Seeds Limited is an agricultural research, production and distribution company located in Zaria, Kaduna State. The Company distributes a wide range of hybrids and seeds of improved varieties of field crops such as Maize, Rice, Soybean, Cowpea, Sorghum, Millet, Groundnut as well as exotic varieties of vegetable seeds like Tomato, Watermelon, Cucumber, Cabbage, Carrot, Pepper, Onion, Lettuce, Beetroot in Nigeria. It seeks a result-driven and intuitive talent to head the finance and accounts department.
Location: Zaria, Kaduna State
The Manager would report to the President and support him in executing the strategic plan of the companyThe right candidate will provide leadership and coordinate the financial, accounting and administrative efforts of the company.
He/She is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies.
- Minimum of a good first degree in Accounting and professional qualification as a Chartered Accountant from a recognized body such as ICAN, ACCA etc.
- The possession of an MSc/MBA degree, IT Certification and Taxation qualification are advantageous.
- Must be familiar with a number of accounting software and especially be proficient in the use of Sage 50 Premium
- He/she must be able to prepare management account and financial statement
- He/she must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Spreadsheet, Power Point and Ms Word
- He/She must be able to speak and write in excellent English and must be able to write good correspondences and reports.
- He/she must be able to write a very good Business Plan.
- Responsible for negotiating and accessing facility for the Company from banks and or other financial institutions.
- Responsible for final preparation and coordinates the Company’s budgeting process and efficient execution of the budget
- Responsible for imports and import processes
- Must be familiar with manufacturing account
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities noted aboveResponsible for continued development of his team.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and state tax reporting requirements (including income, property, payroll and other local taxes) insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Must pay keen attention to detail, also a dependable team leader.
- Should have trustworthy integrity with information and finance
- Should be FIRS compliant.
- Possession of minimum of 7 years consolidated post- graduation experience, five of which must be at management level in a manufacturing company or conglomerate.
- He /she must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost controlThe ideal candidate must demonstrate the capacity to translate a strategic plan to implementable solutions through flawless execution embedded in proactive risk management style
- Should have up-to-date knowledge of statutory laws and regulations
- He or she must be experienced in financial analysis and reportingIn addition, the successful individual must be IT savvy (working effortlessly in best practice IT environment and providing the necessary leadership to that function), analytical, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to navigate through our multifunctional Organisation Cognate experience in commercial accounting is desirable.
go to method of application »
The right candidate will report to Accounts Manager and must be self motivated and highly talented He will be part of the company’s accounting team responsible for preparing financial report, management account and inventory and cost control.
- Must possess minimum of first degree in Accountancy from a reputable University
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working experience in accounting department of a manufacturing company or a conglomerate
- He must have a working knowledge of Sage 50 accounting software
- He must have excellent verbal and written communication skill in English
- He must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office suite especially Excel and Power Point
- Must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
go to method of application »
Achieves maximum sales growth, profitability and account penetration within an assigned target market by effectively selling the company products and/or related servicesHe/she would personally be obtaining contacts, secure and maintain new business accounts/customers.
This officer would be working directly under the sales coordinator assisting him appropriately in a bid to achieve the sales plan of the companyThe officer should be able to coordinate the affairs of his sales territory with minimal supervision.
- Must possess 3 years experience in manufacturing or service sectorPossess a post-secondary degree in any field
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
- ·Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- ·Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to write sales report and carry out market survey
- ·Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- ·Valid driver license.
go to method of application »
- Act as the main point of contact for visitors and callers, including reception duties.
- Provide general administrative support to the President and staff team
- Provide support for projects including assisting with administration of project work where appropriate and when agreed
- Undertake general administrative duties including general word processingFiling, copying and faxingCollation and distribution of minutes, reports and other documentsDealing with incoming and outgoing mail and general emails.
- Maintain and run company website efficiently and effectively
- ·Ordering of equipment, materials and office suppliesMinute taking for Board, team meetings and other meetings as required
- ·Undertake and assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments as required and instructed
- ·Administer the petty cash system and ensure appropriate record keepingPrepare contracts for suppliers as advised.
- ·Arrange hospitality, purchases, supplies to ensure the smooth running of the organization
- daily and as required
- ·Maintain the central filing system, general database and archive.
- ·Provide administrative support for matters relating to the premises and operations including security, alarms, opening, insurance and transport
- ·Maintain close links and inform the President of all issues likely to affect the operation of the company.
- Other duties include, work alongside other staff to contribute to the development of company as a wholeEnsure Value Seeds policies and best practice are adhered to, including health and safety and customer care, at all times.
- Anyone with suitable qualities and qualification that is suited to undertake the above listed functions can apply
- However, considerations would be made for those with robust qualifications like:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good University degree in any field
- ICT savvy
- Creative and proactive
- Skilled at the use of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to work for long hours including on weekends and public holiday
- Ability to perform multi tasks and remain stable.
- Resident or willing to reside in Zaria
go to method of application »
- He/she will manage all the activities of the sales department, assign duties to the Sales Representatives and makes sure that the company achieves its sales target.
- Sales Controller Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all inquiries related to the sales department are being treated properly and quickly.
- Adhering to the organization process guidelines and techniques, which are associated with sales department.
- Monitoring the performance levels of all individuals in the sales department and determining the training requirements.
- Maintaining the best level of client satisfaction and smallest level of client discontentment without compromising success of company.
- Building and retaining of a long-term connection with the clients with the aim of keeping them dedicated to the company.
- Planning and creating a number of revenue programs and guaranteeing that everything is protected within the allocated budget.
- Preparing sales plan and coordinating compliance
- Preparing sales budget
- Updating records of customers and monitoring key accounts balances
- Organizing products activations and market storms
- Ensuring that all workers are dedicated to the revenue values and concepts to be able to maintain an excellent revenue environment in the office.
- Ensuring that sales reports are timely and have useful contents
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or marketing and completing an internship as sales controller is also very beneficial Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite is necessary.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Sales Management will be an added advantage Other desirable qualifications are:
- Knowledge about sales world
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Qualified and interested experienced or fresh (recent graduate) applicant should send his/her application together with updated and comprehensive curriculum vitae not later than 9th October, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Kilometer 7, Zaria-Kano Expressway
Tashan Ya’u, BAGADDI
P.O BOX 10937, KANO
Note: Applicant with job experience should include an evidence of current annual remuneration package in his/her application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.