We are one of the world’s leading hotel companies. Present in nearly 100 countries, we have 161 million guests staying in 724,000 rooms in over 4,900 hotels per year.
You’ll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN Hotels® and HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts.
All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating Great Hotels Guests Love®. This is a mission that’s seen us go from strength to strength – with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you.
We don’t expect stereotypes. We don’t want people to conform. We just want all of you at IHG®. So bring us your individual passions and ambitions, and we’ll support you to achieve your goals, and give you the rewards and benefits you deserve. To find out more, go to careers.ihg.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs.
- In partnership with other department heads, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue. Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for our guests.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with governmental regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained in quality and service standards and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities and equipment are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Analyse guest insights to identify and meet customer expectations and build on guest loyalty.
- Interact with guests to ensure expectations are being met.
- Manage local food and beverage marketing programmes for the hotel; participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotions. Monitor local competitors and industry trends.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top food and beverage job in a large full-service, luxury or resort hotel. Supervises a large number of employees in multiple major food and beverage outlets and kitchens, and banquet and convention facilities. Oversees multiple managers and supervisors.
Qualifications And Requirements
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field plus 4+ years of related experience, including management experience. Must speak local language. Must obtain certifications or permits as required by local governmental agencies
Food & Beverage Management
Method of Application
To apply, visit Intercontinental Hotelcareer page on Taleo