RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company.Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.We trust people in what they do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
High impact, consumer-led research is the heart of the company's success. Ranked in the TOP 20 on the London Stock Exchange, our relentless drive to outperform has trebled our revenue since 2000 and quadrupled our market cap.
In return RB will offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as continued development and career progression on a Global scale.
If you’re ambitious, driven and looking for more from your career, you could be right for RB.
Apply today - We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to every application unfortunately. If you haven't heard from us within 10 days, please assume that your application has not been successful this time.
go to method of application »
About the role
An exciting career opportunity is available for a Production Planning Manager within the Manufacturing Department based in Nigeria. The primary responsibility of the role is to develop and maintain cross functional relationships to provide effective support to the business.
Key Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities
- Manages the relationships with the Copackers and Suppliers and working with them to better the synergies between the organisations
- Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of FGs:
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Effective management of suppliers through SLAs, regular meetings and KPI tracking
- Materials management (inventory planning, replenishment, rebuild plans, purchasing)
- Ensures Pos are raised at right the right time with right quantities
- Discuss and agree with formal processes for an efficient & productive interface on Supplies with the Copacker/Affiliates
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Responsible for the supply of new product launches in the region
- Liaise with Sales/Marketing and Suppliers for ensuring the deliverance of the right product specifications
- Ensures all imported materials have NAFDAC permits before material is shipped by constant Liaison with regulatory team
- Resolves all issues with customs and NAFDAC authorities as regards all materials being imported
- Creates doable production plans based on demonstrated capacity to meet customer and inventory demands. Achieve a 95% Adherence to Schedule metric weekly.
- Graduate degree in engineering (Mechanical, Production), Basic Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and minimum of 5 years relevant experience in similar role in an FMCG company.
- In depth knowledge of Engineering responsibilities, systems and standards
- Commercial awareness – Understands the impact of Supply decisions on business profitability
- Strong track record of delivery is critical
- People management – Proven experience in leading managing and developing teams, able to influence people of all levels
- Flexibility in thinking and pragmatic problem solving skills
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of production and material planning process and co-packer management, 3rd party logistic management within Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- Experience using PeopleSoft/JDE(preferred) or other ERP statistical software packages
- Good communication and Team building skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale