Best Search Recruitment Limited - Our client, a Poultry and Fish Feed Production Company, currently seek to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of:
- The general manager of milling operations position will require a very strong candidate that has high top level management experience in companies with a turnover in excess of US$50 million, will be highly driven and efficiency focused.
- The position will report to managing director and will be responsible for overseeing all milling operations of the company, including the poultry feed factory, the fish feed factory, the oil mill and the maize meal factory as well as all supporting departments. It is expected that the GM will have a background in nutrition or accountancy.
- Overall day to day management of commercial feed mill, fish feed mill, soybean oil mill and maize meal factory
- Operations planning and implementation
- Involved and contribute in strategic planning for operational expansions
- Budget development and overseeing implementation and monitoring through the accounts department
- Oversee marketing department, procurement and input warehousing department, finished product and dispatch, financial management, administration and maintenance
- Ensures constant monitoring of production efficiencies in the all factories and strives to achieve optimal operating performance and minimal down time
- Develops, revises and improves standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensure proper emphasis to product quality and review/develop quality assurance sampling procedures
- Ensures consistent and high levels of customer experience through the management of production, from input receipt and quality analysis to output presentation and delivery and after sales support.
- Through the maintenance manager, reviews current or establishes, implements and monitors new preventative maintenance program
- Ensures the use of approved maintenance management systems to track costs and failure rates.
- Reviewing and maintaining effective inventory control system from inputs through to finished products
- Implementing training programs for employee development and ensuring adequate back-up of personal for key positions.
- Monitoring diets used in feed production and working with nutritionists for lowest cost diet formulations.
- Developing and ensuring adequate reporting procedures throughout the company
- Providing regular reports to Managing Director
- Managing operational transitions through company expansion phases
- Managing capital development projects such as silo installations, construction projects, factory installation projects etc
- 8 years' experience in a similar role
- Feed mill experience is essential
- Oil mill factory (expellers), would be valuable
- Maize meal production experience would be valuable
- Top Level Management Experience in Organisation with greater than US$50 million expected.
- Enterprise resource management software experience is important
- Very high level of computer literacy is essential
go to method of application »
- The mission of the potential candidate is to develop the business inside the store (B2C) with the PR activity and outside the store with a B2B activity.
- He/She will also be responsible for the corporate gifts, for setting up special events outside the store, for setting up partnerships with hotels, champagne companies, events,
The specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Strategic planning, overseeing the implementation of the Marketing, PR & Communications Plan, including campaigns, major events, store planning, visual merchandising and PR.
- Manage all strategic relationships, negotiating and developing partnerships which will develop and promote the brand in the best possible way, and be in line with strategic objectives whilst maintaining the brand's identity.
- Media plan development and rollout, including digital campaigns, generating programs to improve the brands social media and digital presence, reputation and recognition.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant field.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in Marketing luxury brands
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing and promotions.
- Very good understanding of the telecommunications market.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong project management and delivery skills, with the ability to multi-task and effectively set priorities within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Very good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Time management and skills & ability to work well under pressure
go to method of application »
- The general manager of farming operations position will require a very strong candidate that has top level management experience in a farming company with at least 800 ha of seasonal cultivation.
- They will be highly driven and efficiency focused.
- The position will report to managing director and will be responsible for overseeing the ongoing development and cultivation of 1,600ha of land, with the expectation of mid-term cultivation levels of 1,000 ha of maize and soya per annum.
- The position will be responsible for full performance of the farm and will require a person highly skilled in the management of such cultivation scale, while also being practical.
- It is expected that the agriculture activities of the company will utilize the latest technologies for crop performance management, such as drones and imagery technology to monitor germination rates and on-going crop health, while also using such technology for monitoring land clearing performances etc.
- Day to day management of farming operations including but are not limited to over 1,000ha of annual seasonal cultivation, bush clearing and general farm development
- Responsible for short, medium and long term business strategy development and implementation
- Responsible for full agricultural business management including forecast and budget development, planning and implementation
- Responsible for developing the necessary business organizational structure and implementing such to optimize efficiencies and productivity in all aspects of the business.
- Responsible for working with key input suppliers to conduct trials and research on seed varieties and techniques to improve and maximize yields and farm output.
- Manage all agricultural equipment through and with the maintenance department
- Project manage all capital projects relating to the development of the agricultural activities.
- Manage all bush clearing activities ensuring clearing cost and time targets are achieved.
- Manage all imagery and imaging technologies such as UAV’s/drones etc for monitoring farming activity efficiencies, crop performance and health and where necessary theft/security.
- Responsible for regular report to managing director.
- 8 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience in seasonal farming activities in excess of 800ha essential.
- Very high level of computer literacy is essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.