Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Representative or Deputy Representative and direct supervision of the Assistant Representative P&D, the Analyst will:
- Maintain an MIS and databases at the Country Office and upgrade as necessary, including providing troubleshooting services.
- Design the data management process/systems within the UNFPA Country Office,
- Produce SOPs to guide use of harmonized data collection tools, data flow design from community level (services/utilization,....) via LGA, State, Sub region to National level.
- Develop the Database and dataflow architecture and implementation processes and content applications using RDBMS compatible with MS-Access, PostGresSQL, GeoServer and ESRI online ArcGIS.
- Create a schematic databank for various program( FP/RHCS, MNCH, Youth./ Adolescent HIV-AIDS, P&D, SGBV, PSS and Humanitarian) to store all dataset, with an integrated platform to allow linkages among and within all indicators, with flexibility to re-generate summary table and graphs as needed
- Identify past activities data ( survey, assessment, evaluations, program research) including semi-permanent data, clean and re-group the data in to standards HIS codes and import into the Data repository.
- Developed Data and Information Management Guidelines showing MIS dataflow, timeline and responsible personnel to ensure standard adherence and timely data is harnessed and used for planning and decision making.
- Develop an Integrated and Dynamic Database for managing Humanitarian data, as well as all other programs activities in UNFPA(FP/RHCS, MNCH, Youth./ Adolescent HIV-AIDS, P&D, SGBV, PSS and Humanitarian.),
- Secure a space on the current server/procure a dedicated server for managing only SQL tables specifically for creating dynamic and interactive GIS apps like StatPlanet, ESRI online GIS analytics and Adobe flash player, Jasper, Picktocharts for generating dashboard platform for data visualization and info-graphics
- Strengthen the relationship with relevant government agencies like NEMA, SEMA, NPopC by providing occasional Technical Assistance and troubleshooting MIS issues, like the Situation room MIS database and its reporting dashboard.
- Ensure that UNFPA Humanitarian/Program database developed has GUI for ease transcription into the database with periodicity for IDP logbook, UNFPA monitoring checklist and any other data collection tools.
- Provide technical assistance to the UNFPA decentralized offices as may be required.
- Undertake any other assignments as may be required by the Representative
The candidate will have:
- 5-10 years of experience in the design, development, evaluation and implementation of information management solutions preferably in the public sector.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related disciplines in Information Management System.
- Custom software development experience should evidence iterative techniques and work on web-based applications.
- Expertise in PC-based computer hardware and networking is essential.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Expert computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues of disasters and humanitarian situation.
- Excellent data base management skills (SQL, Access and Excel).
- Experience developing electronic forms (e.g. fillable forms), reporting tools, etc.
- Have a strong capability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written English.