Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages is a dynamic Social Development Organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at risk of losing parental care. SOS Children's Villages International is the umbrella Organization that provides support and guidance to SOS Member Associations in over 133 countries worldwide. Working throughout the country, SOS Children's Villages Nigeria is in the process of filling some vacancies by inviting Applications from qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions:
Experience & Qualification:
- At least first degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or any other relevant Social Science related area.
- Minimum of 3 years cognate/proven experience in communications, public relations or related industry.
- Experience in writing and producing a wide range of communication materials in a variety of styles and formats.
- Experience in designing, advertising, printing and communicating to a broad range of audience and media.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing strategic communication materials and campaigns.
- Proven experience in providing strategic communication advice, support to senior staff and incorporating organization's brand into strategic decisions.
- Extensive experience in providing communication advice in a highly socio-political environment and on confidential issues.
- Profound experience in developing or updating websites and other social media
- Knowledge of Social Media and its relevance to Non-Governmental Organizations
- An excellent understanding of the Nigerian media and its requirements.
- A thorough knowledge of current theory and best practice in media, public affairs and communication.
- A sound knowledge of Communications supplier processes and relationship management including print production,
- direct mailfmarketing and media monitoring services.
- Sound knowledge of Internal and External Communication
- Knowledge of Child Protection
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send a Motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable References to:
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages Nigeria
18 Church Street, Opebi, Ikeja
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8th September, 2015.