- Planning and implementing lab-based science lessons based on school standards.
- Constantly encouraging students to grow, learn and improve.
- Keeping accurate student report cards as well as attendance and discipline records.
- Teaching a level of science that is appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Using the latest technology in classes.
- Keeping the science laboratory organised, safe and clean.
- Teaching Science to groups of students from all abilities.
- Reviewing a student’s academic progress against set targets.
- Dealing quickly with inappropriate student behaviour.
- Modifying lesson plans to heighten learning.
- Marking a student’s coursework work.Involved in shaping the future of the school.
- Engaging students in active learning.
- Organising science trips and experiments.
- Ensuring that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- Working in partnership with other teaching staff on a daily basis.
- Encouraging all students to be actively engaged in their own learning.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with at-risk students.
- Experience of working in culturally diverse setting.
- Knowledge of the latest instructional technology.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Treating all students fairly, consistently and without prejudice.
- Setting a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, punctuality and attendance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Classroom teaching
- Teaching techniques
- Curriculum design