Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES SCOPE:
Provide pre sales support to the African Operations Technology Sales Representatives in terms of Oracle Technology solution set.
· Deliver high-quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations.
· Present and articulate Oracle product’s strengths, relative to competitors.
· Participate in the design, validation and presentation of Oracle Technology solutions.
· Actively participate and take responsibility for Demand Generation for Oracle Technology products in the African market
· Assist account team in ensuring client satisfaction.
· Position Oracle Technology solutions to meet customer requirements.
· Assist in the preparation of RFP’s and RFI’s.
· Gain knowledge of the sales cycle.
· Gain knowledge of appropriate market segments.
· Manage time effectively.
· Actively participate in career and goal planning with management.
Functional Competencies for Solution Consultants
The following are competencies (in addition to the core competencies) that identify the behaviors, skills and knowledge for the role of Solution Consultant:
· Passion for technology
· Persuasiveness/Sales Ability
· Self motivated
· Competitive personality
Education / Qualifications
· Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Experience / Technical / Professional knowledge
· Minimum 3 years prior business experience.
· 3 years minimum experience with Database and/or Middleware technologies
· 2 years minimum experience with Big Data & Cloud technologies
· Proven ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
· Conveys ideas, opinions, and information that reinforce credibility and knowledge
· Seeks others' input, clarifies issues and actions, and displays discretion
· Demonstrates awareness of the audience's receptivity and uses appropriate techniques to illustrate key points Communication
· Expresses and articulates key elements of ideas or concepts (both written and verbal) in a logical, descriptive, and comprehensible manner.
· Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately
· Probes and listens for information from others, without interrupting or judging, in order to understand underlying issues.
· Organises and runs face to face meetings
· Proactively shares ones experience and expertise with others
· Seeks information from others outside immediate team
· Makes and delivers presentation internally and externally Business Development
· Builds and maintains constructive customer relationships
· Obtains first-hand customer information and uses it to drive demand for current Oracle offerings.
· Maintains a keen awareness of customers' ongoing business issues, and the impact that Oracle's products/services could make on their effectiveness/efficiency.
· Follows through and acts on such opportunities.
Customer Needs Analysis
· Displays sound knowledge of customer's business environment.
· Identifies customer needs by thoroughly interviewing and probing key contacts.
· Focuses on defining the customer's need in order to drive business.
· Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Middleware solutions (SOA, BPM, CAF, Content Management), and can position them effectively to meet the customer's needs and requirements.
· Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Cloud, Bigdata & Analytics and can position them effectively to meet the customer's needs and requirements.
· Makes sure that key technical requirements are identified and thoroughly understood.
· Demonstrates creativity in applying different technical scenarios and approaches to solve customer or partner problems. Competitive Awareness
· Prepare presentation, demonstrations and POCs for customers based on customer needs.
· Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the competitive environment and successfully preempts objections.
· Sources current competitive information to develop competitive strategies
· Have a good understanding of the Telecommunications, Financial and Public Sectors
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.