Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries to recruit a National Content Development Manager for their operations in Nigeria.
Our client is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in Oil & Gas, Real Estate Development and FMCG Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate should provide support for Oil & Gas businesses to ensure 100% compliance in all cases. The role is a one stop shop for all enquiries revolving around exceptions and ensures processes are complied with for National Content Development.
- Formulate in consultation with the Corporate Affairs and Government Relations Manager, the NC plan and implementation for the Group and its companies
- Provide strategic direction and support to build relationships with key government agencies such as NAPIMS, DPR, NNPC and NCD Monitoring Board or any agency as required for the Group and its Joint Venture partners
- Develop and drive strategy for achievement of key performance indicators in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development
- Provide day-to-day support in collation and interpretation of local data related to the Industry that would be required to implement any strategies and plans as deemed fit
- Stay abreast and updated on trends within the industry focused on the development of local capacity
- Liaise with all stakeholders to prepare and monitor the company’s Nigerian Content Plans in compliance with local laws for all the proposals submitted
- Liaise with the all the involved functions, in particular Legal, HR and Finance in ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Act
- Assist the Business Development Department in maintaining competitive advantage in adding value to the Nigerian content policy
- Lead and manage interface and relationship building with key contacts at customer NCD departments, NCDMB, DPR (NCD), governments, and host communities. Lead efforts towards participation in NCD forums, seminars, exhibitions and summits as may be directed by customers, NCDMB and other regulatory bodies. Report action items from such events and drive compliance as appropriate.
- Lead initiatives that will promptly lead to the proliferation of skills and competencies among Nigerians of all ages, both in general.
- Responsible for formulating and driving all Nigerian Content initiatives and projects, providing project scope, costs and implementation plan. Also responsible for ensuring that the desired level of recognition/credit is received (from NCDMB and customers) for such initiatives.
- A relevant university degree.
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage
- A Minimum of 5 years’ relevant Local Content Law experience in the oil and gas industry
- A sound working knowledge of the Nigerian Local Content Law
- In-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas legal regime
- Must have experience in actively interfacing with government regulatory agencies
- Must be familiar with proposals preparation and/or project management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
go to method of application »
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
- Determine labour requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Managing risks and site related issues.
- Meeting subcontractors and motivating workforce.
- Prepare cost estimates for the successful completion of projects
- B.Sc in a science or Engineering discipline preferably civil/construction.
- Minimum of 7 years experience and 3years as a project manager.
- Ability to interpret construction documents and specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are paramount for this role.
- Able to plan, prioritise and organise a heavy workload, adjust to changing priorities.
- Good inter personal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality.
- An outstanding work ethic and organization.
- Ability to use different project management softwares
- Good IT skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Healthy and physically fit.
go to method of application »
- Help in providing advice and counsel to employees concerning compliance with HSE legislation, codes, regulations, standards, good operating practices, operating permits and company policies/ procedures (HSE Manual)
- Ensure external parties (e.g. contractors, environment consultants etc) comply with applicable HSE processes/ standards and regulations during project activities
- Conduct industrial hygiene surveys and submit report to HSE Manager.
- Assist to coordinate the deployment and execution of MRS Operational
- Distinction Program (ODP) within Terminal facilities
- Work together in team to ensure all employees have received, read and acknowledged the Employee Safety and Health handbook. Maintain records of acknowledgment sheets
- Conduct annual Facility Self Assessments; submit reports to the HSE
- Coordinate preparation for scheduled external audits to ensure smooth execution
- Coordinate the development of action plans to close identified gaps
- Ensure total compliance to work conditions as outlined in work permit system.
- Provide necessary supports to conduct monthly safety meetings/trainings and weekly safety-video show programs
- Supports all emergency response plans and drills
- Coordinate and consult with Fire Wardens reminding the roles.
- Ensure emergency equipment are inspected, maintained and tested as required in the HSE Manual.
- Ensure all incidents are properly classified and reported in compliance with OSHA regulations and HASAWA
- Assist HSE Team in facilitating incident investigation and root cause using various accident analysis tools.
- Minimum of 1st degree in Social Sciences/Sciences/Engineering/Environmental Sciences
- Recognized professional certification e.g. NEBOSH
- Minimum of 3 years HSE experience
- Experience in downstream petroleum operations
- Analytical skills Project Supervision Facilitation skills Technical report writing Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic; confident; thorough; assertive
go to method of application »
• Processing and coordination of visa applications for all employees
• Screening of all submitted visa applications to ensure completeness of all supporting documents
• Booking of visa appointments and preparing travel insurance documents
• Provide updates to related parties on visa applications
• Continuous and open communication with internal customers regarding travel needs
• Establishing and maintaining cordial relationships with embassies
• Administer and maintain travel resources by updating data bases
• Keep, maintain and manage proper and accurate monthly visa expenditures records
• Designing process maps for easy workflow
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Carrying out periodic review & analysis of current visa processes/procedures and recommend improvement strategies
• Ensure effective maintenance of all visa records, and other related documentation for easy tracking of information
• Ensure the visa team understands the visa processes and their roles in them therefore eliminating all errors in the visa application process
• Expense reporting in line with agreed cash budget limits
• A Minimum of a University degree from a recognized institution
• 5years’ experience in administration, travel documentation and processing
• Very good in the use of Microsoft word, Excel and the internet
• Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Good administrative management skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
• Ability to communicateclearly and persuasively and solveproblems
• Ability to workunder pressure and to deadlines
go to method of application »
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, performance appraisals and quality management issues)
• Establish and maintain appropriate HR systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development
• Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales " Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
• Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements
• Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in co-operation with the executive team
• Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
• Management of Manpower Planning, Recruitment, Selection and Placement Process
• Performance Management, Identifying Training and Development needs Analysis and Development of Training Plan
• He/she must demonstrate a can do attitude and have the capability to motivate and challenge a team. The candidate should have an experience of implementing HR in Nigeria.
• Bachelor degree and preferably MBA or post graduate qualifications
• 5 years experience in a similar position especially significant experience in Human Resources Management role
• Thorough knowledge of Program Planning, learning & Development, implementation and evaluation principles, practices and procedures
• Should have good analytical and numeracy skills
• Excellent in problem solving, analytical skills
• Ability to work in multicultural environment and under pressure
• Excellent command in English.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply