Stanbic IBTC is an end-to-end financial services provider. We aim to help you manage and grow your money by providing relevant information and services. We commit to help you move from where you are to where you want to be.
To develop and maintain financial models that provides deeper insight into the PBB portfolio. To use advanced analytics that protect and unlock value in the portfolio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Development and maintenance of financial models to provide deeper insight into the portfolio,
• Provision of in-depth data analysis, trending, forecasting and reporting to provide meaningful management information to be used in the day to day decision making process,
• Analyse and report on any underlying reasons for changes and shifts identified in the portfolio financials and facilitate understanding of this to key stakeholders,
• Provide analytical support to the centre portfolio team on a routine and ad-hoc basis with the view to finding patterns in data,
• Assist with ad-hoc country requests, country risk appetite and product papers where necessary,
• Assist with the monthly reporting packs when required,
• Ability to meet reporting deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously,
• Understand the business needs and strategies,
• Constantly challenges established thinking and facilitate improvements in systems and processes.
• Make recommendations on an on-going basis on the Risk Appetite
• Accurate and timeous data analysis on MIS to identify variances and inconsistencies,
• Development of models to perform:
o Loss forecasting using single and multiple variables,
o Champion Challenger
o Cohorts Analysis
o Flow Rates Analysis
o Trend Analysis
• Understanding of key credit budgets and business rules within Africa Credit,
• Monthly budget and forecasting and identification of trends within portfolios and countries.
• Complete and present accurate analysis of results and make robust recommendations to Business and Head PBB Credit on findings
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Providing meaningful answers that assist in insight generation to questions
o “What is the face of my NPLs”,
o “Why are we taking on too much/little risk in the portfolio”
o “What are the lead indicators of Pre-NPLs in the portfolio”
• Effective returns achieved in the portfolio for the risk the bank is undertaking
• Improved decision making capability for strategic decisions on the portfolio by using a fact based and hypothesis driven approach.
• Decrease in credit losses due to early detection
• Prepare cohort analysis and scorecard analysis for portfolio,
• Accuracy of the analysis used by the Portfolio Managers,
• Feedback from key stakeholders on accuracy of data,
• NPL as a % of total portfolio,
• Pre-NPLs as a % of total portfolio
• Provision Adequacy
• Credit Loss Ratio
• Key relationships with
o Portfolio management (centre)
o Product managers
o Head of Credit
o Project managers where projects directly impact the credit environment
• Understands the implications of recognised issues, problems or opportunities and is able to respond appropriately on the information,
• Applies existing business unit/area specific processes and procedures to solve operational problems/meet clients needs,
• Reflects high levels of alertness, accuracy and attention to detail,
• Thinks before acting and able to identify multiple options and ways of doing things.
• Ability to use a combination of systems thinking, root cause analysis and hypothesis based analysis to assist in the development of fact bases.
• Proactively ensures that reporting requirements are met,
• Detects and evaluates shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluates the implications of such changes on continued business dealings,
• Demonstrates an expert ability to systematically use information to identify the sources of risk, sift through the detail and estimate the risk. Analyses and explores risk scenarios of both a complex and routine nature.
• Understands the clients' viewpoints and takes them into consideration during solution creation and implementation.
• Ensures a high standard of verbal and written communication skills in Management reporting and systems/procedural documentation.
• Required to interpret, analyse, evaluate and formulate plans based on information from a number of sources. Typically, there is no right answer and a relatively indeterminate amount of risk.
• Keeps abreast with current events, changing trends, business drivers and best practices impacting the Financial Markets, Standard Bank and their Business Unit so that the most appropriate model is used,
• Identifying and implementing change through research of new concepts and evaluation techniques,
• Consider all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to producing analysis,
• Quick to act upon potential opportunities and take the initiative to illustrate ways of how we can improve business.
• To assist Retail Bank in achieving their asset growth targets by providing effective value adding risk management, whilst maintaining a quality-lending book, through judicious and effective management thereof.
• The delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles which supports the minimising of risk to the bank.
• Ensure the effective assessment of risk with respect to lending and related activities across all branches and suites.
• Evaluates whether Business Banking proposals meet sound business criteria and credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, approve and recommends appropriate credit facilities including terms or conditions of facilities.
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of approvals within advised DA, or referrals to higher authority, on business credit applications reviewed
• Identify, quantify and evaluate credit risks in relation to profitability of business proposals and financial viability of Business banking credits.
• Manage adherence to the service level agreement that have been concluded.
• Build relationship with Business Bankers and Branch managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations
• Detects and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued banking relationship.
• Actioning of the daily referral report and make decisions to pay or not based on the reason for excess and source of adjustment, the terms of sanction in existence and the risk to which the Bank is exposed.
• Issuing of sanction letters, clearly stating the conditions and requirements of the lending.
• Review of relevant internal & external communications, such as circulars, economic reviews on industries, & financial or industry publications to ensure that any development, new requirements or external risks are properly taken cognizance of in lending decisions or conditions of lending.
• Carry out other functions that could be assigned on daily basis in addition to present roles.
• Liaising with Legal department on credit related issues.
• Must be able to integrate specific deal analysis, counter-party analysis, and contextual risk analysis to identify and evaluate sources of risk and recommend risk mitigation actions / options.
• Solving job related problems within a broadly defined framework and policy. Required to be pro-active in forward thinking and sensitive to the impact the decision will have on the book. Should be able to generate solutions to job related problems.
• Evaluating the risks and benefits of each credit facility application and supporting information, taking into account broad industry risks, total bank exposure to specific industries, and the risk profile of the counterparty applying for credit.
• Effectively monitor performance of all facilities processed especially the personal HL portfolio through maintaining accurate records and hence meeting reporting requirements.
• Monitor developments in the industry and economy that would have an impact on the personal lending space and escalate observations as appropriate.
• Integrate learning’s from monitoring developments in the industry and economy generally into credit decisions and approval conditions.
• Plan daily routine such that TAT on credit reviews are consistently met, while not neglecting prompt responses to calls and inquiries via mails from branches.
• Approve/Recommend for approval, decline and rework decisions on all credit applications submitted
• Making judgment calls regarding the effectiveness of security/collateral offered, and setting appropriate risk parameters in respect of specific facility structures within which clients will need to operate to contain risk at acceptable levels.
• Taking decisions regarding appropriate corrective action in the management of increasing risk profiles, and counterparty failure to comply with credit agreements.
• Identifying industry trends and conditions that may threaten the value of security/collateral held, and managing appropriate corrective action in a way that is sensitive to the bank’s relationship with its clients, without unnecessarily compromising the bank’s security position.
To effectively support the manager cash centre in achieving the overall objectives of the organizational goal especially in the area of monitoring cash in transit within the region through proactively tracking cash holdings of the branches, guarding against idle cash build-up which could culminate to losses, Reconciliation and Report generations and other business units within Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
• Close monitoring of cash movement in the entire region
• Regularly mop-up of excess cash, mutilated notes etc. for lodgement into CBN
• Daily monitoring & reconciliation of FX and Naira GL accounts
• Be discrete in handling information relating to cash movement for security reasons
• Rendition of weekly & monthly reports as at when due
• Ensure records of the hub’s activities are properly filed & archived
• Ensure that adequate leadership skills and competencies are displayed at all times and efficient coordination of your direct reports
• Ensure adequate of store items through adherence to pre-determined re-order levels.
• Ensure that equipment are in good working order.
o Develops and implements initiatives to reduce cost and ensure that the budget for Cash Management Unit is met.
o Develop initiatives to improve operational efficiency and achieve reduction in operational costs.
o Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all available resources to be responsive to meet up with the operational demand.
o Identifies and defines operational performance metrics geared towards meeting/exceeding the departmental goals & objectives
o Maintain excellent service delivery to the branches for a better service
o Working in teams to achieve optimal results
o Provision of accurate and timely MIS report to the centre for informed decision making
o Identifies and assesses the risks in existing processes and make recommendations to the centre for enhanced risk/loss management
o Ensure that the branches adhere strictly to laid down procedures on cash movement to minimize the risk of financial loss to the Bank
o Work with the branches to ensure that shortages recorded from their daily evacuation (a potential loss to the Bank) are eliminated or reduced to the barest minimum
o Drives a performance management and career development culture through mentoring and motivating in regular team and one-on-one meetings to ensure optimal performance and minimise staff turnover rate
o Ensure intermittent job rotation/shadowing amongst your reports for optimal performance
o Undertake One – on – One six weekly discussions for your direct reports to discuss progress report on individual performance for effective enduring performance management
o Effectively leave planning to ensure leave days are utilized by march of every year
o Develop knowledge sharing sessions for the team for improved performance
o Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
o Up-Skills self with regards to new processes and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.