Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non - governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV & AIDS prevention, and maternal neonatal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organisation.
We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We require competent candidates for the following positions
This role reports to the Chief Strategy & Technical Officer, the successful candidate will lead the M&E team to deliver the objective of providing improved use of data to strategically prioritize and target MARPs, and plan HIV programme interventions emphasizing evidence - based strategies. S/He will finalize the project monitoring and evaluation plan with
the donor, manage implementation of the plan, design studies, analyze data, prepare reports, commission studies as needed, provide timely evidence for project decision making, lead data interpretation sessions with programmers and
assure use of the most recent and innovative research methodologies. This person will provide monthly or more frequent
updates on project performance and develop with the other team members’ strategies to meet up targets and address related gaps in the project. S/He will also provide strategic and operational leadership to SFH Research & Evaluation (R&E) strategies at the national level. S/He will provide technical leadership to a team of researchers on theories, strategies and approaches to research and evaluation and provide evidence to guide decision making in the implementation of HIV and Malaria projects as outlined in R&E strategies and the national research agenda.
working with multiple stakeholders at state and national level will be essential to this position.
High level ability to be proactive and keep focus on achievement of results is critical for this position.
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
• Must possess a first degree in Statistics/Economics/Medical/Behavioural/Social Sciences or its equivalent in a relevant field.
• Must possess a minimum of a Masters degree in Demography, Public Health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics/Statistics.
• Must have minimum of between 10 - 12 years progressive experience in STI/HIV/MCH/RH related surveillance and/or research with wide ranging knowledge of research methodologies.
• Must have in-depth experience in preparing research for publications and presenting research findings to public health and policy specialists, media and the general public. The successful candidate must show evidence of published peer reviewed articles in scientific journals.
• Must possess ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
• Must be proficient in the use of SPSS, STATA, Epi Info or CS Pro.
• Knowledge of DHIS database software will be of added advantage.
• Must have proven experience working in a fast paced non-governmental environment, and also with a variety of donors including DFID, USAID and the Global Fund.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates
A one page application letter (using the position reference as subject), addressed to the Director - HR, clearly providing
evidence of competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address, should be sent latest two
(2) weeks from the date of this advert to email@example.com. Candidates without the
minimum requirements need not apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.