We are currently recruiting for the position of HR/Admin Officer, who must have a drivers license and must be able to drive.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid-level
- Experience Length:9 years
- The HR and Administration Manager will help to develop and implement BEST people management practices and act as a change agent, assess and anticipate HR-related needs and seek to develop integrated HR solutions.
- She is expected to lead and manage all program support functions to perform well as ‘service providers’ to support all program operations.
- He will ensure that all strategic HR and support processes are provided in a manner that provides the highest quality of timely and cost-effective services.
- The suitable candidate should possess strong leadership and people skills, be able to drive good team relationships among employees and create a driven work culture where all team members are passionate about the organization’s vision.
- He will be part of the Senior Leadership Team that leads change management, strategic thinking and organizational effectiveness and human resources planning and development.
- HE will provide strategic oversight for areas of i) Administration and IT; ii) Procurement, iii) Logistics and Government liaison and iv) Human Resource (HR) management and development.
- Oversee all admin and HR-related program support management to ensure timeliness and quality of support services,
- Supervise the assessment of training needs and organize adequate opportunities for all users to upgrade skills.
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of the Unit's budgets
- Control cost, reduce budgets to lowest, cost-efficient limits; thus decreasing financial risks.
- Maintain key admin/HR relationships: Lawyers, Insurance and Tax Agencies, Immigration services, Auditors, Labor law departments, etc
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human resource planning/needs of the organization.
- Ensure quality staffing; review job descriptions in line with the organization’s competency framework needs
- Design and manage succession and retention plans for key talents and key job positions
- Administer the employee selection process efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Support hiring managers in staff recruitment policy and ensure that advertisement reflect job requirements
- Ensure Administrative policies are available to all staff, understood by staff and are applied.
- Provide guidance and manage all HR interventions and programs (i.e. Recruitment, HR planning, Employee Relations and Performance Management, and other Change Management Interventions)
- Communicate, interpret and advise the strategic leadership team on policies and procedures in compliance with Nigeria labor law.
- Assist in the development of HR plans and budgets, and oversee its administration.
- Strengthen program support teams, systems, and operations to better support program implementation and compliance.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience providing strategic HR and administration leadership
- A minimum qualification of the first degree in Human Resource, Administration, Management or Business equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree or professional qualification (CIPD, IHRM, 0and SHRM) will be an added advantage.
- Location: Yaba, Lagos State
- Salary Range: N150,000.00
- Duration: (Full-Time Position)
go to method of application »
Job description of a Company Secretary/Legal Officer
A Company Secretary and Head of Legal is needed by a company for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.) Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies to specific internal and external governance policies and regularly monitor compliance. The role is primarily engaged to consult with and advise the Board of Directors to ensure that the affairs of the company are in accordance with provisions of the law and proceeding of its associations.
Company Secretarial functions
- Ensure compliance of the provisions of Companies Law and rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company.
- Ensure that business of the company is conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in its memorandum of association.
- Ensure that affairs of the company are managed in accordance with its objects contained in the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Law.
- Prepare the agenda in consultation with the Chairman and the management of the Company and the other documents for all the meetings of the board of directors.
- Arrange with and to call and hold meetings of the board and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- Attend the board meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as are necessary.
- Prepare, in consultation with the chairman, the agenda and other documents for the general meetings.
- Arrange with the consultation of chairman the annual and extraordinary general meetings of the company and to attend such meetings in order to ensure compliance with the legal requirements and to make correct record thereof.
- Carry out all matters concerned with the allotment of shares, and issuance of share certificates including maintenance of statutory Share Register and conducting the appropriate activities connected with share transfers.
- Prepare, approve, sign and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company’s behalf, when authorized by the board of the directors or the management.
- Advice, in conjunctions with the company’s solicitors, in respect of the legal matters, as required.
- Engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law.
- Have custody of the seal of the company
Legal obligations of secretary
- File various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law, including filing of copy of special resolutions on prescribed form within the specified time period.
- Proper maintenance of books and registers of the company as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
- See whether legal requirements of the allotment, issuance and transfer of share certificates, mortgages and charges, have been complied with.
- Convene/arrange the meetings of directors.
- Issue notice and agenda of board meetings to every director of the company and to auditors.
- Carry on correspondence with the directors of the company on various matters.
- Record the minutes of the proceedings of the meetings of the directors.
- Implement the policies formulated by the directors.
- Deal with all correspondence between the company and the shareholders.
- Issues notice and agenda of the general meetings to the shareholders.
- Keep the record of the proceedings of all general meetings.
- Make arrangement for the payment of the dividend within prescribed period as provided under the provisions of the Companies Law.
Head of Legal Department functions
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation and to alert management on changes.
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Develop and review company policies.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
- Maintenance of the following statutory books
- The register of transfer of shares;
- The register of buy-backed shares by a company;
- The register of mortgages, charges etc.;
- The register of members and index thereof;
- The register of debenture-holders;
- The register of directors and other officers;
- The register of contracts;
- The register of directors’ shareholdings and debentures;
- The register of local members, directors and officers, in case of a foreign company;
- Minute books;
- Proxy register;
- Register of beneficial ownership;
- Register of deposits;
- Register of director’s shareholding; and
- Register of contracts, arrangements and appointments in which directors etc. are interested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- Masters in Law, Finance, Business Management or a related field.
- Be a Chartered Secretary
- 15 years’ working experience as a Legal Practitioner with 5 years’ proven experience as a compliance officer.
- Proven experience as a Company Secretary and Legal Counsel in business environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law, legal requirements and procedures.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills and an aptitude for using IT software.
- Commercial awareness.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- The ability to take the initiative.
- A flexible and practical approach to work.
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
go to method of application »
REPORTING TO: HUMAN RESOURCE/ADMIN
To drive vehicles assigned to you with adequate care, to ensure the safety of self, your passengers and the vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
- To report promptly for assignments when called upon
- To pick or drop person as directed by your superior
- Ensure vehicle assigned to you is in good working order
- To see to it that vehicle is taken for repairs/maintenance when due or necessary
- To keep and maintain proper record of vehicle assigned to you; this include the mileage, fuel consumption, etc
- To courteous to all person you encounter in the course of your duty: your passengers who for the purpose of your duty are your colleagues, pick-up guest etc
- To report immediately any accident in which you may be involved.
- Any contravention by constituted authority; such as police, LASTMAN or Federal Road Safety must be reported immediately
- To ensure that you are properly groomed as per the hotels standard
Do’s and Don’t
- You shall not drive under the influence of alcohol, or any intoxicant
- You must not allow an unauthorized person to drive a vehicle assigned to you
- You must out on your seat belt and ensure that your passengers do so too
- You must not make or answer phone calls while driving.
- I understand and agree to the duties and responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
go to method of application »
Head of Risk/Credit Analyst Job Description
Our company is a group of company with several business concerns in manufacturing, finance , real estate and advisory and we are hiring for a talented Credit/Risk Analyst professional to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Greengates Group Limited is a great place to show case your experience.
Responsibilities for Risk/Credit Analyst
- Analyze data to better understand potential risks, concerns and outcomes of decisions
- Aggregate data from multiple sources to provide a comprehensive assessment
- Create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Collaborate with other team members to effectively analyze and present data
- Develop systems and processes for gathering and storing data for future analytic projects
- Conduct research into potential clients and understand the risks of accepting each one
- Identify economic and financial trends that may present a risk to the company
- Monitor internal and external data points that may affect the risk level of a decision
- Ensure that clients interested in taking loans are given the necessary information to access the loan.
- Collection of needed financial information/ documentation and assessing the clients’ credit worthiness.
- Calculation and analyzing of risk ratios of clients based on the client’s credit score and financial history.
- Recommendation of loans for approval/ Denial based on thorough analysis of client’s credit request.
- Maintaining the loan portfolio.
- Setting up payment plans for clients, and ensuring approved loans are promptly disbursed in line with management approval.
- Loan monitoring to ensure loan customers are keeping to the terms and conditions of the loan
Qualifications for Risk/Credit Analyst
- Fifteen years of experience as an analyst in a similar company or related field
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet daily deadlines for projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio and other analysis programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs at the same time to complete work
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- Basic knowledge of programming languages, such as SQL and Python
- Presentation skills, including public speaking and presentation creation using PowerPoint or a similar program
- Excellent knowledge of loan application procedures and best lending practices.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to work with complicated financial data.
- Strong ethical behavior and the ability to work with sensitive financial information.
- Ability to analyze the business of clients and identify the credit risk associated with it and recommending mitigates where necessary.