Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS w...
Read more about this company
Supervisor: Project Director
Country of Assignment: Nigeria
Place of Assignment: Taraba
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS), is faith-based Catholic International Organization working across 56 countries whose mission is to accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and IDPs in conflict zones, detention centers, camp and urban settings, and on remote borders. JRS provides psychosocial support programmes in detention centres and refugee camps, provides humanitarian relief in emergency displacement situations, Education and livelihoods programmes, provides skill development and opportunities for integration into host communities.
The Health Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and training of community health workers and is in charge of the preparation, the implementation and the monitoring of their activities, to promote, maintain and improve the individual and community health by assisting and encouraging the community to adopt healthy behaviours.
- Train and support the Health team and the Field Officers in the design of health and hygiene promotion interventions.
- Develop Health tools in collaboration with the team and other Field staffs as required.
- Accompany the Health workers in their preparation of a campaign: ensure they have the necessary equipment and materials.
- Suggest innovative approaches to meet the needs of the target population.
- In charge of planning, monitoring and evaluation of health and hygiene promotion/education programs in the target areas.
- In collaboration with other members of the health project team, participate in the design and implementation of formative assessments and baseline studies.
- Suggest necessary / potential modification of the health and hygiene activities to improve the project’s efficiency.
- Coordinates with other stakeholders and other NGOs in the Field for smooth, efficient and effective implementing of health and hygiene promotion.
- Supports the realization of any other activities such as vaccination campaigns, survey etc. according to the needs and as directed.
- Participate in writing activity reports and managing knowledge through ensuring documentation of all activities, sharing with stakeholders and ensuring proper handling of information and resources.
- Carry out daily debriefings with the health team and attend the weekly JRS Nigeria team meeting.
Have a University Degree in Health Sciences such as, Public Health, Nursing or another technical relevant discipline.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in supervisory level working in a health sector.
- Experience and skills in managing, supervising and capacity building to community health staff and volunteers.
- Experience in the field of Public Health and implementation of medical ethics.
- Good knowledge of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Good reporting skills.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of a local language preferably Hausa.
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and health related programmes.
- Strong coordination, communication, and advocacy skills.
- Traceable references from past employers.
- Flexibility to work in a diverse multicultural team.
- Ability to live and work in unstable, insecure environments and sometimes inhospitable conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel.