Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Our company, an international courier and Logistics company with presence in over 180 countries of the world is a growing company, and we need someone to work with the Board at the highest level of leadership, controlling sales, marketing, operations and entire business structure.
The COO role is a 3rd key member of the senior management team, who will function in his capacity at a Director level controlling Sales and Operations and reporting only to either the Group ED or Group MD as may be directed. He/she will have to maintain control of diverse business operations and has a strong leadership skill and the ability to approach business with a creative point of view. The COO will lead our team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience within our industry or related industries like procurement, banking, etc. He/she must have preferably worked their way up to an executive role in previous or current job position. The individual must possess a unique mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures of our industry.
Objectives of this role
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors in setting and driving organizational vision, operations strategy, and hiring levels.
- To lead the business, the entire team of staff and provide quality leadership
- Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operations planning.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members can thrive and that organizational goals are met.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Ensure compliance with national and local business regulations and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas for process enhancement.
- Implement business strategies and plans that align with the short- and long-term objectives developed in tandem with Board.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Oversee Sales, operations, and other areas of the business.
- Monitor performance with tracking software and take corrective measures when necessary and prepare detailed updates and forecasts.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
Required skills and qualifications.
- Ten or more years of experience in executive leadership roles
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues.
- International business experience
- Post Graduate Qualifications Like MBA, MSC is required.
- Agile and fit and not more than 50 years of age.
- Strategic planning and business development experience
- Strong written and verbal and presentation skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.