The Administrative Officer I will work with other members the administrative team to provide efficient administrative support for all categories of staff and external stakeholders to provide administrative and logistics support in the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall task described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Work with the receptionist and office assistants to ensure office stationary are always available and stockouts are avoided;
- Support the admin team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for the office in line with the Assets recording system.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the office/USAID policy.
- Undertake stock inventory and update stock report on a regular basis
- Assist in processing vendor and consultancy invoices;
- Assist with the management of project vehicles and drivers. Ensure drivers comply with safety rules and defensive driving techniques and reports;
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are done according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare and support needs of visiting guests to Nigeria and expatriates are met;
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance of office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs;
- Prepare relevant administrative reports when needed;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree/HND or higher in a relevant field (administration, social science, humanities, other). Minimum of 5 years’ experience on USAID funded projects programs in Nigeria. Health project expertise valued.
Must be fluent in English.
Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.