Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Senior Technical Advisor and Specialist - Agriculture Competitiveness (AgCompete) Project
Project Summary/Job Description
- Tetra Tech is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Senior Technical Advisors and Specialist positions on the upcoming USAID-funded Agriculture Competitiveness and West Africa Trade Hub (AgCompete/WATH) Project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the AgCompete/WATH Project is to improve private sector competitiveness by increasing the agricultural productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria, and by promoting West Africa’s regional and international trade.
- The Activity comprises of three main components:
- Design of a Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships;
- Administration of the Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives.
- The Trade Hub will contribute to both USAID/Nigeria’s Feed the Future objectives related to increasing the agricultural competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria as well as USAID/West Africa’s objective to increase broad-based growth and resilience.
Tetra Tech is currently accepting applications for specialists in one or more of the following sectors:
- Agricultural value chain development, including specialists in aquaculture, cassava, cocoa, maize, rice, sorghum, and/or soybean value chains
- Agricultural production, access to inputs, and extension
- Post-harvest handling and processing, including warehousing and storage
- Agricultural product marketing
- Agribusiness development services
- Cross-border trade in agricultural products
- Enabling environment analysis and reform related to agricultural finance, production, marketing, and/or trade
- Food safety, sanitary, and phytosanitary measures
- Agricultural Market Information Systems
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Access to agricultural finance
- Capacity building for producer organizations and agribusinesses
- Gender, youth, and social inclusion
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- ICT for agriculture
- Grants management
- Design and implement activities within respective technical areas and in collaboration with local partners, beneficiaries, and project staff, as well as other pertinent USAID and donor-funded implementing partners.
- Provide technical leadership, management and supervision within respective technical areas, ensuring that activities are properly targeted, technically sound, and compliant with USAID and other regulations.
- Participate in internal grant review committees and grants management and monitoring.
- Support project monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities, and financial planning and budgeting activities.
- Engage in discussions related to respective technical areas with stakeholders, including USAID and local government officials.
- At least five years of professional experience in one of the above-mentioned specializations required
- Experience on a donor-funded project required, and a USAID-funded project preferred.
- Academic degree in a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills required.
- Professional proficiency in English required.
- For some specializations, experience working for a private enterprise in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural marketing, business development services, or finance is preferred.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
- Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.