PROGRAM/OFFICE: Fistula Care Plus, Abuja, Nigeria
REPORTS TO: Country Program Manager, Fistula Care Plus, Nigeria
Fistula Care Plus is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
Based in Abuja, the Finance Administration and Human Resources Manager [FAHRM], works in a complimentary fashion to effectively lead and manage the project’s essential Finance and Operations systems for budgeting, financial monitoring and reporting, grants and subcontracts procedures, procurement and management of logistics and commodities (inventory management), information technology. S/He develops the Project’s Financial reports to USAID and EngenderHealth, and work in close collaboration with the Project’s Financial Management team and EngenderHealth corporate finance and administration staff in order to ensure top quality procedures and reporting. S/He provides guidance to the Country Program Manager on matters of Finance, project management and operations. S/He will supervise project Finance, Procurement, Logistics and Administrative staff based in Nigeria.
- Work with the Country Program Manager (CPM) to develop and coordinate the annual budgeting process for the project.
- Develop and coordinate the project’s accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems, including establishing internal control systems in accordance with EngenderHealth standard operating procedures and donor rules & regulations.
- Review of payment vouchers for completeness, accuracy, allocation and for allowability of expenses by project and ledger code; match all transactions to accompanying receipts (vendors, payroll, petty cash, provident fund, advances and their liquidation to staff & consultant). Ensure consultant labor charges have appropriate time sheets and vendor identification numbers.
- Review and verify the uploaded electronic banking beneficiary account details and payment transactions.
- Review project budgets and monitor project expenditure in line with budget by maintaining a budget tracking/reporting system (Pipeline report).
- Provide management & program staff with monthly reports and analysis as needed to help them manage their projects.
- Review bank reconciliation and review of monthly expense report for submission to EngenderHealth/NY.
- Prepare of monthly cash flow estimate and send the cash advance request to EngenderHealth/NY.
- Participate in the pipeline and related variance analysis meetings.
- Prepare the office monthly Payroll and ensure staff are paid by the 25th of each month.
- Review the payroll, vacation, severance allocation according to the time sheets and journals.
- Ensure that all the statutory deductions returns are submitted and paid to the authorities (FIRS, withholding tax, NSITF, Medical insurance, pension etc.)
- Review the monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and clear any outstanding items.
- Coordinate the preparation of the office financial year-end procedure, year-end schedules and prepare audit schedules for all the balance sheet accounts including vacation, severance, prepayments, and accruals.
- Coordinate internal and external audits.
- Establish, manage, monitor and oversee all procedures for the development and issuance of grants and subcontracts with local partners.
- Establish, manage, and monitor all procedures for management of the funds provided to program partner organizations.
- Manage and supervise all compliance related matters including the development and monitoring of Corrective Action Plans, co-facilitating the monthly compliance team meetings (with the CPM), timely submission of quarterly compliance reports to HQ, etc.
- Provide technical support and training to the participating program partner organizations to strengthen their financial and administrative capacities.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly, bi-annual and annual financial reports to HQ and donors as well as interim status reports as required.
- Participate actively in new business development activities for the Nigeria Program.
- Supervise relevant administrative support staff such as the, Senior Finance Officer, Finance Officer, Procurement specialist, Logistics officer and Admin Assistant.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the CPM and EngenderHealth.
- Develop and keep up to date the program’s administrative manuals.
- Ensure maintenance of records and files related to finance, payroll and administration.
- Identification of operational issues and problems and implementing solutions.
- Set up the field offices when needed, including lease management or share, procurement, services and vendor management, telecommunications, including Internet, supplies, and travel services, utilities.
- Ensure the Vendor Vetting process is being conducted before engaging a potential business partner (supplier, employee, consultant, sub-award etc)
- Weekly monitoring of the approved program activity Quick list, and coordination with Finance and Operations team, to ensure proactive preparedness of the program activity requirements.
- Oversee the sub-contracting and local procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure procurement integrity and competitive bidding for all the office procurement.
- Ensure the office maintenance of asset, inventory register per EH and Donor regulations
- Work with EngenderHealth/ NY and liaise with the local computer consultant as needed.to ensure an up- to- date computer system and applications.
- Liaise with EngenderHealth/NY in all financial and administrative matters.
- Initiate discussion and resolution of issues with bankers, lawyers, auditors and tax consultants as necessary.
- Work with the HQ HR team and CPM to coordinate human resources management including recruitment procedures for the Project.
- Assisting the CPM in coordinating recruitment of long and short-term staff;
- Ensure that all new hires are properly on-boarded and oriented.
- Coordinating the performance appraisal review of the project employees and ensure timely submission to Engenderhealth/ HR unit in NY.
- Prepare and distribute staff monthly payslip and annual tax certificates.
- Manage the office local Medical insurance and pension etc.
- Maintain copies of payroll records of all staff and consultants and ensure that annual salary increases and promotions are properly documented.
- Work with HR NY to maintain the office HR manual up to date in line with the country labor laws, donor and EngenderHealth policy.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Master’s degree or University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or CPA/ACCA Professional qualification or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of work experience in the financial, administrative and contract management of international donor funded projects with demonstrated experience with USAID and/or international program management.
- Knowledge of US Government funding rules and regulations, financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Additional Certification in Human Resource management a plus.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of contract management including knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge and capabilities in accounting, administration and operation and operational practices.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiations and effective communications with partner organizations and sub-grantees.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making processes and build constructive alliances internally and externally.
- Ability to provide technical support and training in finance and operations.
- Knowledgeable about logistics and procurements systems for supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of Office Administration and Document filing processes
- Knowledge of HR Processes and Guidelines for Small and Medium size offices
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and requirement for fluency in English.
- Must be goal oriented and able to be flexible, manage, and accomplish multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership and technical skills, with proven capacity to manage conflicts, direct and manage change, and inspire high performing teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, communication, partnering and supervisory skills.