The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Equity Products Manager
Division: Trading Business Division
Department: Secondary Market Department
Report to: Head - Secondary Markets Department
Grade: Deputy Manager - Senior Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, March 23, 2020
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Equities Product Manager will oversee all functions pertaining to the equities product line with the overall goal of ensuring that Equities products are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase order flow as measured by number of transactions, trading volume and value in line with the overall goals of the product management department.
- The Equities Product Manager will also become the “product advocate” by proactively disseminating related information while communicating the product message.
- The candidate is expected to stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends (utilizing internal and external data/information resources) to create a competitive platform that enables stakeholders realize their investment objectives.
- Enhance the market micro-structure (in areas such as transaction fees, market making, , securities lending and short selling, and market quality) to increase product profitability
- Catalyse the adoption of global best practices in sales practice, Equities order handling, trade execution, trade reporting, and other initiatives that will enhance the client experience when interacting in the Nigerian securities market
- Liaise with the Market Operations and Technology Division to ensure system compatibility with market structure enhancements in support of the Equities product line
- Work with market participants to increase market liquidity in equities and consider questions such as appropriateness of algorithmic trading in the Nigerian market, length of trading hours, stock circuit breakers, best execution statistic, Opening and Closing auctions, etc
- Drive review and amendment of trading rules as necessary, to promote fair and orderly trading in equities
- Maintain relationships with broker-dealers, market makers, Institutional Investors and other trading participants locally and internationally
- Serve as a proactive resource to other areas of the organization in order to educate and train them on product attributes and new initiatives
- Coordinate and operate investor education in partnership with other stakeholders on E based products.
- Coordinate and partner with other Secondary Market team members and stakeholders, to design and price products, identify and address key issues that must be resolved before a successful product launch occurs
- Serve as gatekeeper, ambassador and product line expert to internal/external parties
- Analyse new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry
- Continuously monitor industry trends and competitive environment; recommend initiatives to strengthen market position.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Finance or Business related areas
- A post graduate degree (MSc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses (eg CIS, CFA, Finra series 7 and 24) will be an added advantage
- Minimum 8 years of experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role.
- Capital Mkt Knowledge
- Analytical Thinking
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Strategic Planning & Analytical
- Good Understanding of Market Statistics
- Knowledge of order flow drivers and the eco system
- Understanding of Financial Markets and Investment Strategies.
- Attention to Detail
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Team Player.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.