This job has expired. View current and similar jobs below
Our client, an extra-ministerial department set-up to oversee the management of pensions for “pensioners not transiting to the Defined Contributory Scheme” has recently received the mandate to carry out its functions as stipulated by the PRA 2004. The Organisation now seeks to recruit self driven, experienced and motivated individuals to fill selected positions. The client seeks to fill the following key positions:
Legal Adviser (DG LA)
Reporting to the Director, General, this role is primarily responsible for providing legal advisory services as well as rendering secretarial services to the Organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide legal advisory services to Organisation on corporate governance, legal and regulatory framework and liaise with regulatory bodies where necessary.
* Provide secretarial services to the management team and entire Organisation.
* Initiate briefs on suits against the organisation and advise management accordingly.
* Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of
* Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
* Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
* Review contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
* Participate in negotiations legal issues and finalize agreements involving the Organisation.
* Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers and other regulatory bodies.
* A First Degree in Law (L.L.B. and B.L.).
* Professional qualification or a higher business degree will be an added advantage.
* A minimum of 4 years work experience
Key Competency Requirements
* A good knowledge and appreciation of the PENCOM Act 2004 and other pension regulations.
* A good knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian legal framework and leading practices in pension administration.
* A good knowledge of leading corporate governance practices.
* Demonstrates good communication (written and oral), negotiation and relationship management skills.
Qualified and Interested persons should send Applications to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above. The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant's full name. The subject of the mail should be the job position and code being applied for.
Click here to apply online.