Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to Public-Private Mix (PPM) IHVN TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of improving TB case finding in Public-Private Sector in Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Kwara, Ekiti and Osun States.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing all payments to be made for completeness, appropriateness, authorization and availability of funds.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of all books of account under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Supporting the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial/expense reports including bank and cash reconciliations to be submitted to the Principal Recipient.
- Handling the timely preparation and submission of taxes due and filing of tax returns, while ensuring that contracts are issued to clients in compliance with DFB HR guidelines.
- Maintaining payroll and budget spending records, in coordination with the Finance Manager and HR & Operations Department.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager to provide the technical team members with advice on activity budgets, relative to procurement of goods and services invoicing and reimbursable expenses, while maintaining a continuous line of communication to clear any financial issues.
- Assisting all programme staff to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash and other spending in the course of implementing activities that are in line with the work plans.
- Reviewing staff timesheets on a weekly and monthly basis, ensuring timeliness, correctness, and compliance with policies and procedures of DFB.
- Daily posting of financial record or as may be directed by the Finance Manager.
- Providing support for annual and Quarterly audits, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Proper archiving of financial document - manually and electronically.
- Ensuring strict adherence to DFB Process, Policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager
- A minimum of HND/ B.Sc. degree in Accounting
- ACA/ACCA/CPA will be an added advantage
- Must also have at least two years relevant working experience with reputable audit firms or NGO with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point
- Experience: 2-3 years
- Age: Not more Than 35 years
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: email@example.com on Email subject should be the position applying for: e.g IT Intern Location: Ibadan
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.