English Language Advisor at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
English Language Advisor
Job Ref.: ENGLI01641
- The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
- Creative is seeking an English Language Advisor expected to:
- Communicate clearly, accurately, efficiently, and courteously;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, and funders; and
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to produce high- quality products in a timely manner, demonstrating leadership and initiative.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The English Language Advisor will report to the Learning for Results Lead.
The English Language Advisor will:
- Coordinate the development of English early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international STTA, ensuring alignment with Hausa standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria;
- Provide leadership for the development and/or adaptation of English-language curricula and instructional materials, in coordination with the ICT and materials development specialist;
- Develop, implement, and support teacher, school leader, and local government authority staff training in English early literacy methods and materials, in coordination with the teacher training specialist;
- Coordinate with staff in state offices to ensure the fidelity and quality of English program implementation at the school level;
- Coordinate with the monitoring and evaluation team to develop knowledge-sharing efforts related to English early literacy, including communication briefs and presentations on achievements and lessons learned; and
- Coordinate with the project director and home office technical team to share lessons learned, problem-solve, and ensure that work in the field meets the highest standards of quality and is consistent with the state of the art in early grade literacy.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master's degree and over five (5) years of related experience in standards development, teacher training, and materials development in early grade reading and writing in English;
- Experience working with complex projects and collaborating with professional peers on joint products;
- Knowledge of and experience with primary school context;
- Knowledge of and experience with English language curriculum;
- Teacher training and teacher coaching experience;
- Teaching/learning materials development experience;
- Team player and willingness to learn;
- Experience working with Nigerian government counterparts (at national, state, and Local Government Education Authority levels) to design, implement, support, and monitor education programming;
- Travel to project states required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in Hausa is a plus;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Hausa Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Materials Development Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Learning for Results Lead at Creative Associates International
- Numeracy Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Teacher Education Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Key Stage 1 Teacher at Dawn Michaels School
- Key Stage 2 Literacy Teacher at Dawn Michaels School
- Graduate Teacher Trainee Programme 2020 at Meadow Hall
- Research and Training Executive at Attainables Edutainment Limited
- Primary School Mathematics Teacher at Stresert Services Limited
- NFS Student Psychologist (Female) at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- EFK Instructor/Mind Aider (NYSC) at Engineering for Kids
- Principal Lecturer (CONPCASS 08) at The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo