RCA - Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Posted on: 5 September, 2019
Deadline: 20 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Alliance for International Medica
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
RCA - Coordinator
Main Objectives of Position
- Supply Manager in collaboration of logistic Coordinator is responsible for the proper designing, planning, and implementation of the supply chain in the mission/country, ensuring the achievement of the objectives set at the mission Level.
- To Support Country Mission, in ensuring timely arrangement of different project commodities i.e. goods, drugs, and services to Support ALIMA intervention in North EAST Nigeria.
- Ensure Supply support to the mission in Coherence of ALIMA standard Procurement procedures & Donor Financial requirements.
Functional and Hierarchical Lines
- Report to: Logistic Coordinator.
- Functional like with: Logistics Managers in the project office, Medical & Finance Department.
Responsibilities and Tasks
International & local Supply Management:
- He/she is responsible project Procurement planning in close connection with the logistic Manager of the project office, Pharmacy manager, Medical Coordinator, and Logistics Coordinator.
- He/she is responsible for maintaining procurement tracking sheets (local & international), updating and sharing with relevant departments.
- He/she will ensure that Donor & ALIMA procurements requirements, procedures and guidelines are respected in all ALIMA procurements.
- He/she will follow up international supply during all the process, before arrival or in customs, being responsible for preparing and providing all necessary documents (customs clearance, transits etc…) on time.
- He/she is responsible for execution of procurement of local supply process through coordination office, to be timely purchased and delivered to the project office on time.
- Ensure that Local purchase of supply is done as per ALIMA Procurement guideline, specifically ensuring the quality of goods/supplies and best value for money.
- Market intelligence with due diligence to ensures that ALIMA is paying according to prevailing market prices.
- He/she is responsible to critically review the prices to have effective cost control in the procurement of supplies/goods and equipment for the project.
- He/she is responsible holding an Open market competition to select suppliers and sign a framework agreement for different recurring supplies.
- Maintained a Supplier Database at the mission level, with all relevant information including their contacts details and market of supplies.
- Maintaining price list of different project commodities at the mission level and evaluating the price on quarterly basis.
- Maintains regular contacts with suppliers and regularly re-evaluate the market in order to get the best quality, prices, and service possible
- Ensure that all in local Procurement, ALIMA procurement Procedural compliance is respected and adopted as per the threshold of the accumulative cost of specific supplies/goods and equipment. Checking that ALIMA procedures for national purchase, local orders, and requests for quotes are followed (if purchases are over a pre-defined amount)
- Preparation of tender documents & Call of quotation for any supplies needed.
- Having regular filed visit to support the field logistics & supply for implementation of ALIMA procurement guidelines/rule and regulations.
Orders/Request of Supplies:
- Being a focal person of supply at the mission level, processing all request in close coordination with Logistic Coordinator/medical Coordinator in case of technical medical equipment’s.
- Work Closely with the Field Co, Logistic Managers in the field in relation to processing their request of supply/service/good.
- Works in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator for the medical orders & Non-medical local & International Order.
- Works in close cooperation with the finance department on forecasting of the budget required for different local medical & non-medical Supplies. Review all Payment case before submission to Finance department to ensure ALIMA financial and procurement Compliance is respected.
- Coordination & communication with suppliers for placing the Orders after approval of procurement as per ALIMA validation table.
- Follows up on Backlog of different orders with HQ, & sharing the updated Order follow up a sheet of international & local orders with relevant different and staff on a weekly & monthly basis.
- Participates in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the ALIMA area of work, being prepared to intervene directly if needed and assume the management of all supply activities and staff
- Defines and updates job profiles and descriptions of all supply chain related staff.
- Participates in the selection, follow up and evaluation of all staff under his/her direct supervision
- Trains the staff on supply chain standards & Administrative procedures of Shipment Custom clearance.
- Reinforces skills of all supply chain staff.
- Undertakes regular evaluations of staff team under his/her direct supervision.
- Promotes communication and active participation of all staff under supervision.
- Sharing of weekly reports for both International and Local procurements to Field Staffs.
- Participates in monthly reports according to guidelines, i.e. International and local procurement updates, Procurement planning, etc. together with the Logistics coordinator.
- Carries out regular market Surveys and makes them available to program staffs.
- Informs the line manager of any problems that might be linked to work of supply staff.
- Essential: University or Technical School Diploma, desirable supply related studies
- Mission working language essential
- Essential: working experience of at least two years in supply chain activities related jobs
- Desirable: working experience with ALIMA or other INGOs
- Desirable: working experience in developing countries
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, and Internet).
- Contract: Temporary contract under French law, 7 months.
- Location: Askira, Nigeria
- Starting Date: ASAP
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
Method of Application
- To apply, please send your resume and Cover Letter on our job page before the deadline
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful
- Onlyaccepted applications will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) career website on candidatures.alima.ong to apply
- Know More About Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)Similar Jobs
- E-Commerce Field Agent at Tradersofafrica.com
- Senior Store Officer at Willers Solutions
- Procurement/Supply Chain Associate at TAG Energy Nigeria Limited
- Inventory Officer at Compovine Technologies
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at Creative Associates International
- Supply Chain Assistant -Procurement /Logistics at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Warehouse Executive (Male) at Agary Pharmaceutical Limited
- Event Warehouse Manager at Rossland Consulting Limited