Procurement Officer at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
Posted on: 2 September, 2019
Deadline: 4 September, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
4 Quarters Consultants Limited - We offer comprehensive business, IT & digital marketing services to help businesses reassess & enhance their performance.
- Procurement is to ensure timely, high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the organisation.
Procurement officer works with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
Also to assist the Finance and Operational Departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting.
Driving a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity within the business, ultimately ensuring that value for money is maximised and cost-savings are generated.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintaining an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies
- Continuously identifying major procurement opportunities that will enhance profitability.
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Providing active benchmarking data and analysis to ensure the company achieves continued value and the lowest possible pricing across the entire supply chain.
- Creating and maintaining good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Reviewing and analysing all vendors/suppliers, supply and price options.
- Negotiating the best deal for pricing and supply with the supplier and ensuring that the products and supplies are high quality.
- Preparing purchase requisitions and developing plans for purchasing products and services.
- Creating and maintaining an inventory of all incoming and current supplies.
- Maintaining accurate records of purchases by generating weekly procurement reports/data and identifying and investigating unusual items and reporting accordingly.
- Maintaining and updating the list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times.
- suppliers’ performance in line with agreed KPIs, contractual obligations and SLAs, liaising with Accounting to ensure accurate alignment of payment (or non-payment as appropriate).
- Maintaining appropriate formalised purchasing policies, compliance, procedures and best practice across the business.
- Actively monitor the external business environment, including competitor and potential competitor products and services, and be fully aware of changes in the inflationary and purchasing environment.
- Working with team members and Procurement Manager to complete duties as needed and ensuring all purchasing activities follow institutional policies and government regulations.
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services in the market.
- Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
- Checks, explain if needed and approves delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the 'pending orders' report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- On a daily basis prepare the list of to be cancelled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
- Issues regularly slow moving item lists.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilising vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorised issue requests).
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
- Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity quotes locked by, etc.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Undertaking any necessary duties to ensure a first class service is provided at all times.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
- Be an ambassador of the business always
- Minimum of Degree or HND in Accounting, Economics, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, or any management disciplines or minimum three years’ previous procurement experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); and inventory management software
- Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities.
- Ability to evaluate legal and business risks and ramifications of proposed contractual terms. Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Good Interpersonal, Decision-making, Organizational and leadership skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Able to manage own time and prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met and targets achieved, and take personal responsibility for own work and actions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application without job title will not be considered.
- Recent Jobs from 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Food Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
- Food and Beverage Cost Controller at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited