Warehouse Manager at Value Seeds Limited
Posted on: 27 August, 2019
Deadline: 5 September, 2019
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Value Seeds Limited
Value Seeds Limited was incorporated in 2009 and started business same year. We are in the business of research, multiplication and distribution of field crops; importation and distribution of assorted vegetable seeds. We are licensed by National Agricultural Seeds Council. We are a member of SEEDAN (Seeds Entrepreneurs Association of Nigeria) and one of the 8-member Ad hoc Committee set up to run the affairs of seed industry in Nigeria today
- The Warehouse Manager will maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing programmes, operational and personnel policies and procedures. He or she will also be involved in maintaining warehouse staff by selecting, orienting and training.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must have a B.Sc. or HND in an Agricultural Engineering with at least a Second Class Upper Division
- His undergraduate must be on seed or grain storage
- Between 1-3 years working experience
- Good Communication Skill
- Stability and Agility
- Ability to drive
- Good and Timely Reporting
- Attention to Details
- Time Management
- Team spirit.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Value Seeds Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Sales Representative at Value Seeds Limited
- Pest Controller at Value Seeds Limited
- Soil Scientist at Value Seeds Limited
- Extensionist at Value Seeds Limited
- Weed Scientist at Value Seeds Limited
- Agronomist at Value Seeds Limited
- Know More About Value Seeds LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Warehouse Officer at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Warehouse Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Stock Keeper at Owens and Xley
- Procurement Officer at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
- Outbound Officer (Warehouse) at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Inventory Management Supervisor at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Event Warehouse Assistant Manager at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Store Keeper at Blue Lodge Catering Limited