Gynecologist at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Posted on: 26 August, 2019
Deadline: 3 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Alliance for International Medica
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
- ALIMA started SRH activities in Monguno MCH in 2017, and have been referring C-section cases to general hospital Monguno which are performed by the ALIMA OT TEAM and MOH Staff before commencing full CEMONC activities in general hospital Monguno as of April 2019.
- Since 2018, via BEMONC services we have done 928 normal deliveries, 225 complicated deliveries, and 86 C-sections.From January to May 2019, we did a total of 330 deliveries in BEMONC and CEMONC, and we have performed 43 C/sections so far.
Justification for the need of Gynecologist
- Implementation of training and support based on previous evaluations
- ALIMA Monguno project seeks the support of an expert obstetrician-gynecologist to assist the SRH activities in the improvement of quality of care, capacity building of the SRH team.
- The obstetrics and gynecologist expert will give training and coaching to the SRH team in all units (Bemonc and Cemonc) and OT and follow universal standard precautions during and after procedures for effective infection control
- The Expert will train and mentor the team to reduce maternal morbidity and mortality in Monguno e, which will be achieved through practical training of doctors and other team members in obstetric skills, first aid skills of the newborn for example, surgical management of PPH, etc., obstetric USS, etc.
- The Expert will also participate in both emergency obstetrical so as to build the competence of the OT team.
- Because of the high neonatal morbidity and mortality resulting from fetal suffering and prematurity, the expert will help the sexual and reproductive health team to manage these conditions and reduce neonatal morbidity and mortality.
- 3 months
- At the end of visit a report with recommendation will be needed included also the evolution according with the previous evaluation.
- Support (training and coaching) the SRH activities in Monguno to improve quality of care and reduction of maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality
- Capacity building of the OT TEAM to improve surgical management of obstetrics emergencies and improve caesarean section skills in EMONC:
- Finalize supporting documents on the criteria for identifying high-risk pregnancies, complicated deliveries and gynecological emergencies
- Reinforcement cesarean section indication
- Training and support of staff on the resuscitation of the newborn baby
- Training on maneuverings procedures to facilitate the change of position and delivery of the baby.
- Build the capacity of the doctors in surgeries, c/section, surgical management of PPH, obstetrics USS etc.
- Training on how to identify and prevent fistulas and how to support patients before repair.
- Ensure hands-on training on continue medical education for the SRH team
- Support the team in the management of obstetrics cases complicated by medical conditions e.g intestinal obstruction in pregnancies etc.
- Institute contemporary approach in the management of controversial obstetrics complications etc.
- Recommend need for the procurement of surgical items like doyen’s retractor and other surgical consumables e.g chromic catgut and vicryl absorbable sutures size 2.
- Provide support to staff in the reference criteria for the admission of newborns between maternity and neonatology
- Put in place basic SRH protocols and finalize supporting documents on the criteria for identifying high-risk pregnancies, complicated deliveries and gynecological emergencies.
- Make a report of activities and recommendations on them
- Diploma required
- Doctor with a Diploma of Gynecologist-Obstetrician.
- Willingness to share knowledge, skills and experience with his / her professional surroundings
- Flexibility of adaptation to work with sometimes limited resources
- Mastering Gynecology, Obstetrics and Surgery
- Perform technical procedures related to gynecological and obstetric surgery
- Respect hygiene and safety rules
- Detect possible complications during surgical procedures
- Adherence to the values â€‹â€‹of the ALIMA charter
- Good knowledge of French and English,
- Experience in team management, training and supervision is an asset
- Experience in humanitarian contexts
- Contract: Temporary contract under French law, 3 months.
- Location: Monguno, Nigeria
- Starting date: ASAP
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate's country of origin and the mission location
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Candidates should please send their Resume and Cover Letters
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful
- Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Anesthetist at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Know More About Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)Similar Jobs
- Head of Programs at Oxfam
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist at Creative Associates International
- Area Manager at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- E-WASH Program Officer at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Social Partnership Manager at Novartis International AG
- EH Hygiene Promotion Assistant at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Emergency Specialist, NOC at UNICEF
- SILC Consultant at Catholic Relief Services