Program Director at SHIFT Nigeria
Posted on: 22 August, 2019
Deadline: 21 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at SHIFT Nigeria
SHIFT is a non partisan organisation that builds support for transformative leaders in communities across the nation. SHIFT is a startup that launched in June 2018. Our vision is to connect citizens with leaders who transform communities. We are seeking a Program Director to move the organisation to the next phase of growth.
- We are looking for an experienced and passionate Program Director to help us accomplish our mission and make an impact in communities across the nation. This is a full-time, paid position located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Program Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for SHIFT’s staff, volunteer network, programs, products, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Cultivate relationships with community leaders, policy stakeholders, strategic partners, and the media, with the goal of advancing SHIFT’s strategy and program objectives
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and management systems
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all staff, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organisation
- Engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organisations, and donors
- Collaborate with the board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with SHIFT’s core mission and vision
- Work along Board Chair to develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors and develop strong governance structure
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff; create and promote a positive work environment that supports consistency, innovation, and impact throughout the organisation's strategy, activities, and operations
- Create effective systems and KPI dashboards to track progress; regularly evaluate program components so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other constituents
- Approve project expenditure in line with the approved budget and expenditure lines
- Ensure SHIFT staff, volunteers and enabled leaders abide by culture and values of the organisation
Mission Focused Growth:
- Manage the development of high quality, targeted external communications on public policy issues in support of SHIFT’s core policy issues, goals, and recommendations
- Oversee SHIFT Media’s core activities, guide overall strategy to engage with citizens, provide consistent and compelling messaging and act as a public speaker and representative of SHIFT in ways that advance its core message and values
- Grow and expand The Network by SHIFT and associated initiatives across new communities and select diaspora cities
- Build partnerships and presence in new communities establishing relationships with donors, grassroot activists, political and community leaders
- Oversee execution of SHIFT Digital products and growth
- Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organisation by developing and implementing quality programs and products in SHIFT’s enabling capabilities
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future growth
- Actively work with the Board Chair, Board members, and staff to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to include individual donors, revenue generating activities, corporate, foundation, grants, etc.
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits SHIFT to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications - from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand and extending the reach and impact of SHIFT
- Use external presence and relationships to cultivate new opportunities for growth
- The ED will be thoroughly committed to SHIFT’s vision, mission, and culture. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, community development, strategy, coaching, and relationship management experience.
- Political experience or strong passion for making an impact in the political space is preferred.
Specific requirements include:
- Degree (Advanced preferred, but not required) with at least 10 years of management experience including an early stage startup; track record of effectively leading regionally and/or nationally scaling an impact driven, outcome-based organisation and staff
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs, policies, products and political leadership that advance communities in Nigeria
- Excellence in management with the ability to coach staff, manage and thrive in a startup, develop high-performing teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate and develop existing/new board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work well with driven and results oriented leaders in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing program models and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using media and technology as a management tool to develop and implement programs
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, approachable, humble, and innovative approach to leading
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Director, SHIFT Nigeria" as the subject line of the mail.
- Know More About SHIFT NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- M&E Consultant at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Education Specialist at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Programme Development Coordinator at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at SOS Children Villages
- Policy & Advocacy Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Youth Development Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Protection Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)