Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Reference Number: TAK012
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy and Operations:
- Develops HR programs, processes and policies against best practices and also in line with the Corporate Centre’s strategies and priorities, in the different areas related to Human resources (including learning & development; performance evaluation, compensation and benefits management, and employee health and well-being)
- Drives key corporate initiatives such as organization restructuring
- Develops guidelines and policies on key HR issues that affect business activities across the group
- Coordinates subsidiaries on HR policies to ensure implementation in carrying out business activities
- Develops total compensation strategies that include competitive direct and indirect programs
Budget and Manpower Planning:
- Oversees the preparation of financial budget for all employees across the group
- Reviews financial budget for all employees across the group and approves the budget
- Develop succession planning processes to ensure business continuity in the group
- Develops the framework for manpower planning and oversees the manpower planning
- Liaises with finance and industry best practice for manpower related costs. This enables TAK to plan strategically to meet current and future manpower needs
- Approves group HR plans and budgets in line peculiar business needs for all subsidiaries
HR Advisory and Leadership Support:
- Provide leadership in the development of HR policies, rules, regulations, norms and standards, and ensure their implementation
- Oversight of HR functions across all entities or subsidiaries in the group to ensure compliance with Group policy and direction
- Leads the employee and human resource communications strategy to deliver necessary information to the employees, simplifying the messages to focus on what matters
- Provides guidance on HR issues to the board and heads of subsidiaries
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Professional qualifications in CIPM, CIPD, SHRM or related field
- MBA or Masters degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- 10 -12 years’ relevant experience with at least 7 years in a managerial role
- Experience in strategic management, change management, organizational design, performance management
- Experience in agriculture and manufacturing industries would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.