Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State is a private faith-based University, founded by The Apostolic Church Nigeria (TACN), LAWNA Territory. The University is named after Pastor Samuel Adegboyega, who was the first LAWNA Territorial Chairman and one of the founding fathers of TACN. The institution was licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the National Universities Commission (NUC) on 7th March, 2011.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the academic head of the University Library
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension, and for providing services for the entire University Community.
- The candidate for the post shall be a visionary, and shall have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff.
The candidate for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practising Librarian;
- Possess a good honours Degree in Library and Information Science or any other discipline including Computer Science, Statistics, Educational Administration/Planning. Logic, etc, and a Ph.D holder in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning;
- Have published papers in professionally refereed journals to merit professorial status, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The University Librarian, who shall be appointed by Council with the endorsement of BoT, shall hold office for a term of five years
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of University Librarian in Nigeria Federal Universities, and as may be determined by the Proprietors and Council of Samuel Adegboyega University
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to note and comply with the following conditions:
- Applications should be submitted in twenty-five (25) copies and be accompanied by twenty-five (25) copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae, duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae must include, but not limited to, details of the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, academic and professional achievements.
- Applications should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competences, in a properly sealed envelope, marked “Ref on Post of University Librarian” at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
All applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes marked at the top left corner, "Application for the post of University Librarian" to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Samuel Adegboyega University,
P.M..B 001, Ogwa,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interaction with the Selection Committee.