The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Manager, Banking Operations (Payment Services)
Reference Number: LIPBLR13
Location: Cairo / Egypt
Payments Subject Matter Expert:
- Subject matter expertise in Payments in support of correspondent banking strategy and other Payments related initiatives across the Bank.
- Work closely with Product and other teams to develop and champion new payment product ideas and commercialization of ongoing payment product initiatives.
Transactional Account Management:
- Own client deposit and transactional account opening, management and maintenance processes within Banking Operations, working in close conjunction with Loan Administration units
- Ensure appropriate and up to date client due diligence is in place prior the opening of all client accounts and on an ongoing basis through establishing effective coordination with Compliance and the origination departments
- Ensure appropriate records are in place to support the accounts opening and ongoing payments processing, including account opening forms, signature mandates and email indemnity forms as required.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of written processes and procedures for the payments unit
Payments and Transactions Processing:
- Support the efficient operations of the Loan Administration and Trade Services with responsibility for payment transactions execution within Banking Operations, overseeing facility related outward and inward payment execution, approval and monitoring
- Interact with other functions where required for additional information, clarification, approval or escalation
- Adhere to SLAs as part of transaction execution
Requirements, Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University plus a post graduate degree in a relevant field;
- Professional qualification in Banking or Cash Management such as CertICM will be an added advantage;
- Proven experience of at least 8 years with a reputable banking organization in payments and cash management product management or payments back office operations in a fairly complex banking environment;
- Ability to operate in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Payment Product and Payment Market Infrastructure, systems, policies, procedures and industry best practice; and
- Mentors, motivates and coordinates junior resources in own area, including providing technical guidance and supervising their daily activities.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
CHECK OUT THE OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONS HERE