NERI is seeking to engage qualified national for the following positions:
(i) Driver (ii) Cleaner. The two positions are based in Monguno (Borno State) and residents living in this LGA are encouraged to apply. Selected applicants will be responsible for obtaining their accommodation/housing.
Job Location: Monguno (Borno State)
Contract Term: Fulltime
The Driver is responsible for operating a vehicle owned by the organization to provide transportation services to the employees and visitors of the organization; to move expendable and non-expendable supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary; ensure that preventive maintenance of the vehicle is performed on a regular basis. The driver will also support with logistics services within the office. This Driver position will be based in Monguno, Borno State with frequent travel to other programmatic locations.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Driver reports technically to the Guest House Manager and administratively to the Junior Program Manager in Monguno.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the project staff in obtaining and facilitating movement to different project sites.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs, when necessary, and ensure that the vehicle is kept in good working condition.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, maintenance, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all required procedures and laws are adhered to when driving.
- Collect and deliver mail or other type of correspondence, when required.
- Provide safe transportation to passengers.
- Assist in moving supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary, from one location to another.
- Assist the GHM to secure the office assets and ensure usage in compliance with operational guidelines
- Assist in organizing and preparing the office for meetings;
- Assist the GHM with Inventory management, filing and documentation of operational forms as required;
- Provide airport pick-up/drop-off services to official visitors of the project.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by Managers
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience driving a motor vehicle is required. At least 1-2 years of experience with an International Organization is preferred.
- Computer literate
- Excellent knowledge of different regions in the country is required.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving.
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license is required.
- Clean driving record/history is required.
- Excellent Communication skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English and one of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferred.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 26th, 2019:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.