Stock and Freight Manager at Solidarites International
Posted on: 11 July, 2019
Deadline: 19 July, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Solidarites International
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities
Stock and Freight Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 1 months
- The Stock and Freight Manager supervises the arrival, storage and shipping of food or non-food items, goods, tools and materials used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International and stored in the partner warehouse.
- He/she is in charge of issuing and monitoring all of the administrative documents linked to the stored goods.
- The Stock and Freight Manager is responsible for the shipping and transportation of goods: he/she optimizes the transportation to bases, monitor the security and inform about delivery.
- He/she offers technical and organizational solutions for the optimization of freight and the reduction of running costs.
- Storage and stocked materials:
- Monitor the warehouse’s interior and exterior installations and infrastructures. Good storage condition
- Spot damage and alert the line manager.
- Verify product quality on delivery. Set aside any non-compliant or infested products and report them to the line Manager
- Regularly check product quality during storage.
- Warehouse management:
- Organize the stock request (in/out) and link with the warehouse partner according to partner’s standards.
- Participate to each loading/unloading of cargo at the warehouse.
- Fill in the shipping or delivery documents in compliance with Solidarités International’s standards
- Ensure good coordination with the procurement manager to organize reception of cargo.
- Transporters Follow up:
- Participate to transporters identification, help in costs and contracts negotiations for truck rentals
- Monitor trucks good conditions, equipment (tools, fire extinguisher, …)
- Ensure the administrative documents for all trucks are available, filed and monitored
- Freight Management:
- Collect all freight request forms from bases and organize the cargo movement.
- Organize and provide feedbacks on cargo schedule
- Ensure proper cargo loading and transport documents (waybill, order mission, military clearance …)
- Link with partner warehouse for cargo movement
- Request and Collect security clearance from appropriate office for cargos organized by SI
- Ensure follow up of the SI cargo movement. Report all inccidents to the line manager
- Confirm the road security authorizing a movement
- Prepare inventory reports and forward them to the line supervisor
- Keep the stock forms updated (soft and hard copies)
- Take a monthly inventory of stored goods and materials and reconcile it with the theoretical inventory
- Dynamic, organized, methodical, team player, with sound communication skills
- Languages : fluent in English (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines
- Professional experience: at least 3 year of experience in similar position in Logistics especially with INGOs
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics and Supplies or any related fields
- IT skills: Microsoft software practice, sound Excel skills.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
Method of Application
- Please when the page opens, select "Logistics Assistant" fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Solidarites International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Logistics Assistant at Solidarites International
- Logistics Manager at Solidarites International
- Know More About Solidarites InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Supply Chain & Logistic Officer at Housessories
- Logistics Officer - Supply Chain Analysis & Reporting, NOA at World Food Programme (WFP)
- Warehouse Attendant at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Warehouse Program Manager for Monguno Common Storage at Solidarites International
- Procurement Officer - Oil and Gas (Male) at RoVedana
- Procurement Officer in Information Technology (IT) at Compovine Technologies
- Technical Procurement Officer at Landover Company Limited
- Aggregation and Distribution Manager at Agromall Discovery and Extension Services Limited