Psychologist at SOS Children Villages
Posted on: 11 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at SOS Children Villages
SOS Children's Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
Overview of the Role
- The role of the Trainee Psychologist is to support in evaluating children who are experiencing emotional difficulties and provide a treatment plan.
- He/she will support to assess the child to determine the problem, develop a therapeutic strategy and meet with the child in a therapeutic setting.
- His/her job will include education, guidance and support for families – working with parents individually and in groups to teach parents proactive behavioral prevention strategies.
Key Responsibilities Evaluation and Assessment
- Meeting and establishing rapport with the child and young adults through various relevant methods, collaboration with
- relevant staff, parents and specialists to help devise appropriate treatment plans and interventions for children and young persons in need.
- Carry out diagnosis of the issue affecting the emotional well-being of a child while engaging a variety of instruments to determine the needs of the potential condition of the chi
Prevention and Parent Education:
- Support to provide caregivers management training as positive parenting programmes for the child’s wellbeing and counselling of individuals and assistance in individual and team thera
- Exhibit extreme sensitivity and caution in executing all required interventions in order to avoid causing further distress in the child’s life, causing more problems, and interfering with the child’s healing
- Work professionally in line with SOS Children’s Villages Child Protection Policy
- Bachelor in Psychology and Masters is an added advantage
- At least 2 years post graduate experience.
- Empathy, compassion and patience to work with children and young adults.
- Good communication skills, especially the ability to relate to children, and good listening skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Conflicts, disputes resolution and mediation skill
- In accordance with the Organisation’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- Qualified trainee who become successful after the two years Traineeship period shall have the opportunity to be retained and converted to full-fledged employees of the organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SOS Children Villages career website on www.sosvillages-nigeria.org to apply
- Know More About SOS Children VillagesSimilar Jobs
- Consultant, Support Training Workshops on OneHealth Tool and STATA at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultant, Improving Efficiency of Public Health Spending Through Public Finance Management Reforms at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultant: Improving Efficiency of Public Health Spending at National and Sokoto State through Public Finance Management Reforms at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultant II - Capacity Building of NPSCMP Role in Laboratory LMIS Reporting and Data Use on the NHLMIS Platform at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
- Safe Space Supervisor - Psychologist at Plan International
- Laboratory Technician at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Psycho-Social Worker at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Laboratory Surveillance Specialist at ICAP