The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Alternative Care Support Officer
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
- To provide quality care for children through provision of alternative care to children who are deprived of parental care, in line with UN’s Guidelines on alternative care of children.
- Provides and take control of alternative care provision to children who are deprived of parental care, in line with UN’s Guidelines on alternative care of children.
- Regulate and monitor the quality of the alternative care solution provided to children who are deprived of parental care and / or
- Support the Transition from institution to community-based care
- Prevent the unnecessary separation of children from their parent.
- Reporting and Documentation.
- Design and Planning Support Programmes according to the project specifications and CP minimum standard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Child Development or other related field
- Excellent knowledge of Child Protection and GBV minimum standards and basic principles
- Excellent knowledge of psychosocial support basic principles and PSS key messages to vulnerable children and caregivers
- Excellent knowledge of child and adult development and learning
- Excellent knowledge of basic facilitation skills
- Excellent knowledge of safe identification and referral principles
- Good knowledge of GBV and Child Protection case management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Flexible working hours’ availability
Other required qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian settings, specifically in Child Protection and Alternative Care Support System
- Experience managing teams
- Experience providing on the job coaching and mentoring and building capacity of staff
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable in a multicultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Fluency in Hausa and English Language
- Previous experience managing large teams
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.