DMA Agric LTD (DA) is the agribusiness company of DMA Capital LTD. DA is a value chain developer and facilitator in agricultural value chains operating from seed to plate in Nigeria with the objective to develop and facilitate profitable and sustainable agricultural value chains in Nigeria for all stakeholder across the value chains. This company invests nationwide in strategic projects, companies and operators to promote sustainable agricultural production to ensure food security in Nigeria. They have forged partnerships and alliances with key global players in the agribusiness ecosystem with the aim of securing and improving food production and supply chain that are in harmony with the environment and safe for human consumption.
As part of DA, DMA Trading and Storage a major player in the grain and oilseeds value chains in Nigeria owns a total of 250,000 metric tons storage and pre-storage processing facilities is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below;
Locations: Bauchi, Ekiti, Jos, Ikenne, Minna, Ogoja , Sokoto and Oyo.
Duration: Fulltime (subject to yearly review based on performance)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Monitoring the weigh bridge and calibrating the inward and outward movement of all trucks/vehicles in the silo locations and farms;
- Operate controls, levers, and valves to start pumps, auxiliary equipment, or conveyors, and to adjust equipment positions, speeds, timing, and material flows. Operate conveyors or other industrial material moving equipment;
- Controlling traffic flow and safety of vehicles within the weighbridge area;
- Ensuring all visiting drivers/contractors and customers are issued the location rules and have signed in and out of location;
- Ensuring accurate data entry for containers and vehicles as needed;
- Keep fuel and lubricants records and along same the maintenance record on the location;
- Fill reports of maintenance and operation of the weighbridge;
- Support location operations manager with HSE reporting including reporting of hazards, near-misses and accidents;
- Record production’ data like weights, types, quantities and storage locations of materials; as well as equipment performance problems and downtime;
- Performs other project or ad-hoc duties as directed.
- Possess a ND/HND/Bachelor’s degree in a technical field;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate and fully conversant with office equipment including photocopier, scanner and printers;
- Good knowledge of health and safety practices with prior experience in a similar role; however training will be provided if necessary;
- Safety Licenses and qualifications (including car, forklift, truck, and weighbridge) are preferred;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Letter of Motivation in one pdf or word document to email@example.com with the job title and preferred location as the subject of the email. E.g‘‘SILO / LOCATION MANAGER_BAUCHI’’