Rocana Institute of Technology - We are one of the leading printing and packaging outfits in Nigeria based in Enugu with various production lines ranging from pre-press (graphics, CTF, CTP, plate making machine); printing press, ruling machine; post-press (folding machine, stitching machine, cutting machine); packaging machine and others.
Location: Emene, Enugu
- The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Institute and has general responsibility for matters relating to day to day management operations of the Institute.
- He/She is also responsible for the policy execution, subject to the general control and superintendence of the Governing Council. The Rector by virtue of the Enabling Laws of the Institute is a member of Council and the Chairman of the Board of Studies. The occupant of the office also serves as the Chairman of Congregation, Appointments and Promotions Committee as well as a member of all statutory Committees of the Institute.
- As the Chief Academic and Executive Officer of the Institute, the Rector shall provide the requisite leadership in academic affairs. He/She is also expected to secure the support of the public sector, community, industry, higher educational institutions and professional bodies for the work of the Institute and its products.
- At least Advanced degree or its equivalent in any of the disciplines offered in the Institute with at least ten (10) years of graduate/professional and administrative experience, with at least five (5) years of which must have been gained in a University, Polytechnic or an Institution of Corporate standing.
- Academic or professional certificate in education management or education is highly desirable.
- Candidate must show evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals in and outside the Country.
- His/Her area of academic expertise must be related to Technology and Management.
- He/She must be someone of courage, who is firm and can take decisions on the merit of facts and principles and not on the basis of pressures from groups or individuals.
- He/She must be someone who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests.
- He/She must have a pleasant personality and enjoy good health.
- He/She should, preferably, be not less than forty (40) years in age.
- He/She must be of a sound mind and good moral and of unquestionable integrity and character.
- The appointment of the Rector is for a single term of five(s) years. Other conditions of service are as contained in the Institute Conditions of Service for Principal Officers as may be reviewed from time to time.
Salary and other Conditions of Service
- The salary and other Conditions of Service attached to the post of Rector are as applicable in Tertiary Institutions in Enugu State and others as approved by the Governing Council from time to time.
Vision and Mission Statement:
- Candidates are to submit along with their applications a detailed Vision/Mission Plan with Implementation Strategies, for accelerated academic, infrastructural and institutional development of the Institute not more than 3 pages.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the order listed hereunder:
- Full Names of applicant with surname in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Present Employment, Status and Salary
- Working Experience in chronological order with dates
- Marital Status
- Number, Names and Ages of Children
- Name of Spouse(s)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Current Postal contact address (with phone numbers and e-mail address,
- Permanent Home Address
- Names of Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Academic and Professional honours and distinctions/commendations with dates
- Research and Publications
- Extra Curricular Activities/Good Causes
- Date of availability for assumption of duty, if appointed
- Any other relevant information
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, at least two (2) of whom should be able to write on the academic and professional competences of the candidates.
Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked "Rector" as applicable at the bottom left hand corner and should be addressed and sent to:
The Secretary to the Governing Council,
Rocana Institute of Technology,
#37/38 Abiriba Str. Emene Industrial Layout Emene,
- Applicants should ensure that their referees forward confidential reports on their applications directly to the Secretary to the Governing Council, to reach him not later than the closing date.
- Every Application should be dropped at the Gate of the Institute
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.