Material Secretary at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
Posted on: 6 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
CGC Nigeria Limited (China Geo-engineering Company), a Chinese company with its headquarter in Abuja is a subsidiary of CGCOC GROUP CO., LTD. in mainland China. Our company CGC Nigeria Limited is a reputable Engineering Management and construction company at the forefront of construction of roads, bridges and other civil infrastructures in Nigeria.
- We are looking for an experienced Material Secretary to manage inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies used in our company
- The ideal candidate’s job description will entail planning, procurement, storage, control and distribution of materials to meet CGC’s objective and requirements
- The major objective of this role is to ensure our projects always have an adequate flow of the materials needed.
- Implement and co-ordinate a process to review and maintain a 12 monthly operational material requirements plan and ensures timely deliveries
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the project. Confers with requesting parties when specific sources are requested.
- Work with the manager to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the organisation
- Oversees and ensures proper control planning and scheduling programs to meet sales forecasts and to balance the level of manpower and machine requirements
- Keeps abreast of materials and automotive markets and materials pricing trends that affect company products.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Identify material requirements from production and engineering cycles
- Analyse price proposals and financial reports to identify reasonable prices.
- Negotiate and administer supplier contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Economics/Computer Science, Logistics or any related field
- A minimum of 2 years cognate working experience in relevant field.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Good hands on experience with MS Office
- Substantial knowledge of inventory management processes and their application within a construction setting
- Sound level of written, oral, interpersonal communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in purchasing, production and/or inventory control, and customer service.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Civil Engineer (Structural) at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Health, Environment, Safety and Security Manager at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Public Relations Officer at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Human Resource and Admin Officer at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Assistant Equipment Supervisor at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Legal Adviser at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- HSE Assistant at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Know More About CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)Similar Jobs
- General Manager at Marriott International, Inc.
- Retired Custom Officer at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Secretary at Acacia Law Firm
- Correspondence Unit Visa Assistant at US Embassy
- Secretary at Stresert Services Limited
- Head of Programs and Operation at Citizen Journalists Network
- Clerk at Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Messenger at Rivers State University of Science and Technology