- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Chef de-Parte at Amber Residence Limited
Posted on: 3 June, 2019
Deadline: 10 June, 2019
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Amber Residence Limited
Amber Residence situated in the Highbrow area of GRA Ikeja, Lagos is an ideal place for holiday and business travelers who are wishing for a serene and quiet environment. It offers access to a wide range of attractions and facilities, providing guests with comfort and convenience.
Specialization: Hospitality / Leisure / Travels and Administration & Office Support
Company Activities: Hospitality
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Executive chef.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of OND in Hotel/Catering Management
- At least five (5) years practical experience in the hospitality industry
- Specialize on both local and intercontinental dishes
- Must have sound knowledge of food products
- Must have refined skills in public relations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resumes & Application Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Recent Jobs from Amber Residence Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Sales & Marketing Executive at Amber Residence Limited
- Front Office Supervisor at Amber Residence Limited
- Know More About Amber Residence LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Continental Cook at Digital Markerter
- Dietary Aide at Globe Gate West Africa Limited
- Pastry Chef at Soprom Hotel and Suites
- Cook and Cleaner at Zero Finance
- Continental Chef at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
- Senior Decorator at Nuts About Cakes
- Arena and Animation Multimedia Trainer at Aptech Computer Education
- Bakery Assistant at Grubbix Catering Services