Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
Special Education Needs Department Coordinator (SENDCo)
Reports to: Principal
- Whole-school teaching and learning responsibility in the area of SEN Inclusion.
Teaching and learning:
- Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for SEN learners.
- Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of SEN learners.
- Promote Inclusion best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the school
Recording and assessment:
- Set targets for raising achievement among SEN learners and other groups as appropriate.
- Collect and interpret specialist assessment and performance data and share with other staff as appropriate.
- Set up systems for identifying SEN, and assessing and reviewing SEN provision. This includes creating and monitoring Individual Educational Plans (IEPs), provision maps with class teachers.
- Update the principal and directors on the effectiveness of provision for SEN children.
- Keep parents informed about their child's progress through individual meetings and at parents’ meetings.
- Assist the Exams Officer in making applications for additional support, time and/or specific papers for the end of Key Stage assessments.
- Maintain the SEN register.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of provision.
- Provide training opportunities for parents and teachers to learn about Inclusion, including whole-school Inset.
- Disseminate good practice in Inclusion across the school.
- Identify resources needed to meet the needs of SEN learners
- Work with the Principal and Directors on the strategic development of SEN & Inclusion, including reviewing and formulating appropriate policies.
- Support learner progress meetings, recording agreed provision within provision maps.
- To keep abreast of developments in SEN (e.g. research, changes to the law) and inform staff and directors as necessary.
- Lead CPD on inclusion matters as needed across the school.
- Model good practice in teaching learners with SEN
Other and Responsibilities:
- To willingly undertake any reasonable task requested by the Principal from time to time to support the safeguarding of staff and learners.
- To be willing to undertake the role of Designated Child Protection Co-ordinator.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.