The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) was established on 22 May 1964 in N’Djamena, Republic of Chad. The Commission was established upon recognizing the need to formulate principles of the use of resources of the Basin for economic purposes, including the harnessing of water resources. The mandate of the Commission is to sustainably and equitably manage the Lake Chad and other shared water resources of the Lake Chad Basin, preserve the ecosystems of the Lake Chad Conventional Basin, to promote regional integration, peace and security across the Basin.
Contract duration: Three (3) years renewable subject to performance evaluation
The Executive Secretariat of LCBC is seeking to recruit an AGROPASTORALISM EXPERT. The appointed candidate will be required to carry out the following:
- Collect data (together with appropriate GIS reference information) and preparation of yearly reports on:
- Agricultural and animal productions;
- Crop types, areas under cultivation and yield;
- Irrigation areas and water consumption;
- Provide the secretariat for Transnational Expert Working Groups on agriculture and livestock;
- Co-operate with Ecosystem and Water Resource Experts to prepare integrated reports for LCBC on the status of Lake Chad Basin in conjunction with the IWRM Planning and Strategy Expert;
- Work closely with national authorities to collect and analyse required data;
- Develop recommendations for future activities relevant to the LCBC SAP and IWRM plans;
- Provide leadership and guidance for following functions reporting to the position:
- Ensure that a relevant performance measurement is defined, agreed upon and implemented by all functions in the area of responsibility of the position;
- Arrange for succession planning for own position and critical functions reporting to the position;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by LCBC Reporting Line: Head of Division, Natural Resources Management.
Education and Competencies
- Masters' Degree in Rural Engineering.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in rural works, such as: productive developments, and structuring village infrastructures.
- Proven experience in supervising the construction and/or restoration of rural infrastructures (fish ponds, irrigated areas, agroforestry pastoral systems, etc.).
- Working knowledge of the participatory approach;
- Good working knowledge of IT.
- Good knowledge of project management and the Lake Chad Basin region would be desirable.
- Experience in the field of environmental protection and preservation, transhumance management.
- Language: Fluency in English and/or French.
- Age limit: 50 years as at 1st January 2019.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to the "Secretariat of the Executive Secretary, LCBC" via email at: email@example.com and shall include the following documents:
- A handwritten application,
- A cover letter,
- A certificate of non-conviction issued not more than three (3) months;
- A certificate of nationality,
- Work certificates,
- Legalized true copy of certificates and diplomas;
- A signed curriculum vitae,
- Two (2) passport-size photographs.
Click here for more Information