- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Civil Structural Engineer at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
Posted on: 15 April, 2019
Deadline: 15 April, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We venture into the this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
Civil Structural Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of civil/structural drawings for both steel and reinforced concrete elements using AutoCAD.
- Preparation of structural analysis and design reports for pipe racks, platforms and reinforced concrete equipment and foundations.
- Preparation of project design specifications.
- Preparation of Structural Models and detailed drawings using AutoCAD Structural Detailing 3D/2D
- Preparation of Materials Take-off (MTO) and Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
- Review (as guided by a senior engineer) engineering design drawings, reports and specifications submitted by the design consultants to ensure completeness, correctness and compliance.
- Good knowledge of engineering design codes like DNV, ASME, BS & Eurocodes and standards like DEP, GS, GP, CES, etc.
- Attend Technical meetings with the design consultants and other Sub-Consultants, Contractors.
- Review and reply to bidders’ clarifications, participate in issuing bulletins and attending Technical Meetings with bidders during Tender preparation.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Qualification & Experience
- A relevant Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with major drafting and design software such as AutoCAD, STAAD Pro, CADWorx, and SACS, AutoPLANT and PDMS
- Strong organizational skills, technical competence and attention to details
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in design and facilities engineering both Onshore and Offshore, Green and Brown fields in the oil and gas industry
- Field engineering and construction experience is an asset.
- Competent oral (English) and written communication skills
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory standards
- Proficiency in reading and understanding technical drawings/diagrams
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)Similar Jobs
- Shelter Officer - Social at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- State Project Officer at WaterAid
- Principal Materials & Corrosion Engineer - FPSO at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Graduate Engineer Trainee at Graceco Limited
- Assistant Operator 3 at Expro Group
- Home Automation Supervisor at Owens and Xley
- Packing Supervisor - Nigerian Eagle Flour Mills at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
- Silo Operator - Nigerian Eagle Flour Mills at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.