Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
Location. Nigeria (rotation)
I am working closely alongside an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Africa, the Middle East and the North Sea. They currently have a requirement for the position of Senior Completion Engineer for a Semi Submersible project.
I have submitted some details below for your review and consideration.
Description of the Work:
• Working in a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers to plan and support the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal wells in water-depths up to 700ft, offshore Nigeria.
• Operations involve the following special challenges:
o Subsea completions and well testing,
o Complex smart completions,
o Late changes to completion designs that are dependent on well results,
o Completions planning, design and development of the installation programme,
o High angle / extended reach wells,
o Third party staff, service and equipment quality,
o Complex supply chain and logistics,
o Interaction with other (G&G) departments,
o Onsite supervision of completions installation (when required),
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience, of which at least 3 in a similar position.
• Good experience with semi’s, knowledge of onshore and jack-up operations would be beneficial.
• Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
• Technical / engineering qualification required.
• Thorough understanding of HSE, its application in completion operations and ensuring standards are met. Capable of leading by example.
• Strong drive for continuous performance improvement.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, capable of working effectively in a multi-cultural society.
• Good Team member.
• Completion and testing experience.
• Able to work under sustained high workload, meet tight deadlines yet still deliver quality work.
• Competency with drilling engineering software.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software.
• Project management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of completion engineering and international industry standards, ideally acquired while working for a large international operator.
• Good organisation and project management skills, ensuring efficient application of the company’s well delivery and commercial processes.
• Contracts and contractor management.
• Valid well control certificate preferred.
• Competitive day rate, paid overseas by first week of following month, net of Nigerian Income Tax. Travel days paid.
• 12 months, renewable based on performance.
• 1 year. Upon completion, reassignment to other projects is a possibility.
Apply today and don't miss out on this great opportunity.
Click here to apply for this position
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers