Manager, NOC IT at IHS Towers
Posted on: 1 March, 2019
Deadline: 8 March, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IHS Towers
IHS, the largest independent tower company in the EMEA Region, are currently recruiting for a Network Operations Centre (NOC) IT Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering excellent customer experience and satisfaction outcomes to users across our NOCs by ensuring overall effectiveness of your team and optimal utilization of tools/ technology in line with established polices, processes, and procedures.
Manager, NOC IT
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the 24/7 IT NOC operations that includes but not limited to workforce management, shift schedule, resource management, shift handover procedures etc.
- Coach, mentor and train NOC IT team to continuously develop their competencies and enhance their ability to deliver high quality support services.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution guidance to the team.
- Conduct periodic continual service improvement review of the unit’s function to identify opportunities for improvement areas.
- Coordinate all activities in response to major incidents impacting the NOC and serve as an escalation point for major Incidents.
- Monitor and ensure that all incidents and request fulfillment are handled within agreed OLA and SLA.
- Monitor and track SLA performance of the unit and satisfaction levels of the NOC users.
- Serve as the escalation focal point for the NOC in the resolution of complex and unresolved technical issues and requests.
- Liaise with the cross functional unit managers for the prompt resolution of escalated issues and to ensure integrated actions plans are developed.
- Improve techniques and practices for managing NOC queries, troubleshooting, problem resolution and prioritization.
- Prompt preparation and timely release of major incident reports to the line manager for review/analysis before submission.
- Effective management and engagement of 3rd Party vendors to ensure the reliability and availability of supported IT services utilized the NOC.
- Effective management and engagement of internal stakeholders – IT Demand, Procurement and Finance – to ensure that payment related service disruption to the NOC is avoided.
- 3rd Party vendor invoice review, processing and payment tracking.
- Proactively monitor NOC APNs data consumption to ensure service uptime and make recommendations where necessary.
- Oversee the identity and access management controls, and system administration of all tools, applications, systems and services utilized by the NOC.
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) of the PABX system and GSM Gateway functionality through up-to-date configuration maintenance and Call Data Record (CDR) analysis.
- Oversee the management of APN data buckets, SIM provisioning and the SIM request fulfillment.
- Ensure that adequate spares exist for all NOC work tools, devices, equipment and computer system for continued operations.
- Develop IT NOC operational policies, processes, procedures and standards to guide the team’s operational activities.
- Ensure the enforcement of information security policies, principles and practices by the NOC, in the delivery of support services.
- Track 3rd party's SLA performance and evoke service credit clause where in breach.
- Perform trend and capacity monitoring and make recommendation for performance improvement and/or cost savings where applicable.
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships with the NOC, as well as 3rd party vendors/partners, and ensure compliance with organizational policies, processes and procedures.
- Lead the Customer Advisory Board (CAB) meetings with the NOC to determine business needs and to improve the support experience perceived by the NOC.
- Ensure that a business continuity plan exist to support the NOC continued function in the event of a service disruption.
- Responsible for the quality assurance - data accuracy and correctness - of all incident and request records captured in the ITSM application by the team.
- Manage and maintain the SMS portals.
- Responsible for the unit's budgeting and operational cost effectiveness.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Minimum +7 years experience in IT operations, IT user support, helpdesk, or NOC support with at least 2 years as a manager.
- Certifications in any of the following would be an added advantage: ITIL Service Operations, ISO 27001 (ISMS) or 27032 (IT security), Project Management Professional (PMP), and/ or Microsoft MCSE
- Technical knowledge of computer hardware and software related diagnostic tools
- Intermediary to Advanced knowledge of computer systems, networks, PABX/VOIP, applications, severs and storages.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ITSM application.
- Utilization of monitoring tools and application such as PRTG, Citrix, Netnumen etc.
- Knowledge and experience supporting internet IP Access services and supporting infrastructure.
- Knowledge of remote monitoring systems and APN configuration/set-up.
- Knowledge and experience administering OSS/BSS, NMS and EM applications.
- Familiarity with video walls and display manager applications.
- Management of 24/7 shift operations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IHS Towers career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About IHS TowersSimilar Jobs
- Full Stack Developer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Front-end Developer at Seamfix
- Business Analyst at Seamfix
- Software Engineer (Android) at Seamfix
- Application Support Engineer at Seamfix
- Software Engineer (JAVA) at Seamfix
- Team Lead, Application/Software Development at GVA Partners
- Python Developer at GVA Partners