Communications Manager at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Posted on: 1 March, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agri
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
- The Communications Manager will oversee project communications, including all of the project’s client reporting and presentation requirements as well as all external communications in country.
- S/he will report directly to the Chief of Party and liaise as needed with USAID Nigeria mission representatives, other USG organizations, and bilateral national partners and stakeholders.
- Working closely with CNFA’s Corporate Communications team based in Washington, DC, the Communications Manager is responsible for planning, initiating and managing the full breadth of the marketing and outreach activities of the project, with a strong focus on capturing and promoting the reach and impact of the project.
- S/he will provide dayâ€�toâ€�day management of the project’s communications, reporting, and outreach to various stakeholders.
- S/he will additionally support project sponsored events, such as national and international conferences and events, by organizing, branding, and producing informational materials and facilitating business participation.
- This position works with all project components and stakeholders in helping them optimize their marketing strategies, including but not limited to collateral development, client outreach, web and mobile applications, and social media.
- The Communications Manager will manage one (1) staff member, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
- The five-year USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity, implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative, strengthens the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture.
- To achieve this goal, the activity focuses on three interrelated components: improving the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; broadening access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and promoting investment opportunities for agribusinesses to expand and scale up operations.
- In line with the U.S. and Nigerian Government’s commitment to growing the non-oil based economy, these efforts will increase the quality, quantity, market access, and diversification of Nigeria’s agribusiness sector.
- Beginning in December 2018 and closing in 2023, this $15.6 million project aims to integrate thousands of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and producer organizations as high-performing commercial actors in the value chains for rice, maize, soy, aquaculture, and cowpeas.
- As a result of streamlined regulations, more effective policies, improved production and processing practices, and significantly increased finance and investment flows, the project will increase the competitiveness and returns of both large and small sale agricultural enterprises.
- Employing a value chain approach, the Agribusiness Investment Activity aims to facilitate $100 million in new lending and $100 million in new investment across the 5 crops in the following 7 designated States: Kaduna, Niger, Kebbi, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, and Cross River.
- The USAID/Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is a 5-year year, $15 million-dollar project implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative.
- The project’s goal is to strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture. Activities will encompass three broad but interrelated components.
- First, the Agribusiness Investment Activity will improve the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; second, the Activity will expand access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and third, the Activity will promote investment opportunities for agribusinesses to strengthen their readiness to expand and scale up their operations.
- Taken together, these efforts will increase the volume, added value, and diversification of agribusiness investments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In coordination with USAID, develop targeted messaging for the project to convey its impact and success in keeping with USAID guidelines and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a communications strategy for the project to highlight achievements and effectively communicate progress ensuring that the strategy is aligned with CNFA’s global approach.
- Execute the overall communications strategy (internally and externally).
- Manage the process of developing and delivering contractual deliverables including quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinate with the ICT unit and other project subcontractors in using mobile
- and internet technologies in their communications and marketing and outreach strategies.
- Advise ICT staff and subcontractors as well as stakeholders on best marketing strategies for internet and mobile applications.
- Support the technical teams where applicable in developing SOWs for STTA to support the
- marketing requirements of project intermediary organization beneficiaries.
- Work alongside all project components and cross cutting team members in helping project beneficiaries better understand and market their services to target audiences.
- Provide advice, and implement international best practice models, on how entrepreneurs and
- MSME service providers market and communicate with each other, their stakeholders and clients.
- Provide quality assurance related to informational content and product development including PPTs, fact sheets, case studies, success stories, brochures, profiles, and the preparation of talking points.
- Coordinate high-profile events, delegations, and field visits by U.S. government agencies, international organizations and donors, regional economic communities (RECs), embassies, and local partners and stakeholders.
- Update project website as needed to ensure information is up to date and progress and events are shared as is appropriate. This may include updating and uploading modules and developing resources for relevant stakeholders to use.
- Develop social media content for platforms such as Twitter and Facebook for the DOC based in the USAID/Nigeria Mission to provide project updates and engage a network of stakeholders, in close association with CNFA’s home office Corporate Communications team.
- Develop outreach materials including banners, brochures, reports and other forms of internal and external communications, and manage clearance processes.
- Follow communications protocols as agreed upon with USAID, the Chief of Party, and CNFA’s Corporate Communications, including receiving approvals for outreach and deliverables.
- Represent the project (as needed) at events and meetings as required and liaise with relevant stakeholders, including institutional and private sector partners, to increase visibility and maximize coordination.
- Conduct interviews and capture quotes or stories as needed for reporting.
- Support programmatic events, trade shows, exhibitions and initiatives (e.g., conferences and other vents).
- Support communications with the USAID Mission and other USG agencies regarding project implementation, knowledge management, and information dissemination.
- Ensure program materials are branded correctly and consistently in keeping with USAID standards and branding guidelines.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive project contact database that can be searched by component, institution, geography, or name.
- Manage the Communications Assistant.
- Perform other duties as requested by the COP or DCOP as needed.
- Collaborate with technical staff on integrated project plans; provide communications support to technical staff as needed.
- Assist with the building of the capacity of project’s staff to develop reporting and promotional content from project activities; support staff with templates and reporting guidelines as needed.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Nigeria;
- University graduate with a Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field (Masters preferred);
- 5 years of experience in similar work;
- Previous experience in marketing in the field of development;
- Prior USAID experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to unpack and communicate complex concepts simply with a range of
- stakeholders and sectors;
- Demonstrated experience in program and event management;
- Demonstrated experience in designing communications plans, developing and implementing knowledge management tools or systems, and developing content for social media platforms;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency with Prezi, Visio or other graphic arts and desktop publishing software a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player;
- Ability to travel to support project work;
- Ability to facilitate e-marketing and web-based technologies for professional purposes;
- Experience working collaboratively with institutional and private' sector partners and stakeholders in Nigeria;
- Ability to work well in diverse teams but also productive working individually with minimum
- Well organized, strong analytical skills, creative thinker, innovative, demonstrated personal
- initiative, stress tolerance, integrity and ethics;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English; and
- The ability to produce various informational products under tight deadlines.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- State-level Agribusiness Coordinator at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Procurement Officer at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Human Resources Manager at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Office Manager/PA to the COP at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Know More About Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)Similar Jobs
- Campaign Lead at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Specialist, Government & Community Affairs at 9Mobile
- Communications Designer at ReBoot
- Content Writing/Graphics Designer Intern at Redwoods Capital Limited
- Government Relations Officer at One Acre Fund
- Team Lead, Brand Communications & Customer Experience at FundQuest Financial Services Limited
- Community/Public Relation Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Digital Marketing Officer at Truvia Media