Center Operations Officer (Technical) at CARS45 Limited
Posted on: 27 February, 2019
Deadline: 30 June, 2019
View Jobs in Sales / Retail
View All Jobs at CARS45 Limited
CARS45 Limited - We are Nigeria's largest car buying service with the goal of helping hundreds of customers to sell their cars.At Cars45 our passion is to build the infrastructure for commerce that allows sellers and buyers of Nigerian used Cars to exchange value quickly, cheaply and with unhindered access to independent relevant information required for decision making. We now have inspection centres at strategic locations to make it easy for our dear customers to sell their cars.
Center Operations Officer (Technical)
- The successful candidate will perform all necessary safety and emission inspection on a variety of vehicles, such as passenger cars, jeeps and certain types of mobile vehicles.
- He/she will inspect overall interior and exterior conditions of cars and inspect operations of windshield wiper and washer, speedometer, turn signals and on a need basis, work computer terminal to process and review vehicle information.
- He/she will conduct vehicle identification inspections on vehicles for customers seeking to sell their cars.
Essential Job Functions
- Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine status of vehicle
- Comprehensive check of vehicle interior and exterior parts
- Greet and direct customers seeking a vehicle identification inspection. Review customer’s ownership records for completeness and to assure all pertinent documentation is included. When necessary, inform customers of additional information needed, and serve as a source of referral.
- Conduct identification inspections on various types of vehicles. Inspection includes comparison of the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) with the numbers listed on the customer’s ownership records, and a notation of current odometer reading.
- Review customer’s titles for accuracy and completeness. Review includes titles from other states and foreign countries.
- Following established procedures, conduct on-site identification inspections for local car dealerships, as assigned.
- Complete a Statement of Inspection on all vehicles inspected. Forward completed Statement of Inspection to designated staff for additional processing.
- Inform supervisor of any vehicles that have questionable odometer readings or identification numbers or have missing or numbers.
- Maintain work area, tools, equipment, and official forms in an efficient, clean, and organized manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance of job duties.
- Prepare and maintain various records, reports, correspondence and other departmental
- HND or BSc. in Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical Engineering (OND Holder or graduates of other disciplines can be considered if candidate possesses above JD requirements).
- BSc/HND holders must have completed NYSC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools
- Knowledge of locations of identification numbers and odometer readings on vehicles
- Knowledge of or ability to learn to read odometers and detect questionable readings
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the formats of and details contained in vehicle titles from other states and other countries.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the English language, proper grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation
- Basic knowledge of vehicles and their parts
- Working with people
- Deciding and initiating action
- Self- starter
- Presenting and communicating information
- Superior customer experience
- Persuading and influencing
- Applying expertise and technology
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Creating and innovating
- Relating and networking
- Task ownership
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
- 1 to 2 years’ experience on vehicle diagnosis, inspection or repair
- Sound Knowledge of latest automobile repairs & best industry practices
- Excellent knowledge about cars and its various models
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to advanced)
- Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine
- Must be capable of operating vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions, four –wheel drives and constant four-wheel drive vehicles
- Excellent communication of vehicle report to customers
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject head.
- Recent Jobs from CARS45 Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Research Analyst at CARS45 Limited
- Know More About CARS45 LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Incident Manager at RGS Incoporated
- Team Leader at RGS Incoporated
- State Office Admin and Resource Assistant – Anambra at British Council
- Admin and Finance Officer at Altara Credit Ltd (“Altara”)
- People Manager at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria
- Deputy Chief Operations Officer at VoguePay
- Team Member at Genesis Group
- Team Leader at Genesis Group