Health Records Officer at DEDA Hospital
Posted on: 28 January, 2019
Deadline: 6 February, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at DEDA Hospital
Deda hospital, located in Abuja, seeks the services of qualified personnel resident in Abuja to fill the position below:
Health Records Officer
- Creates new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records.
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
- Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
- Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder. Manually & Electronically
- Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
- Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
- Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Heath information Management with at least 2 years of working experience. Knowledge of working with ERP will be and added advantage.
- The applicant must also possess the following skills: Computer literacy, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills
Method of Application
This position has been filled and is no longer accepting applications
- Know More About DEDA HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Head of Operations at RoVedana
- Front Desk Representative at Urban Hive
- Lounge Manager (Female) at Willers Solutions
- Personal Assistant to the Chairman at H. Pierson Associates
- Programs Manager at RyteGate Technologies
- Porter at HRLeverage Africa
- Membership Executive at Institute of Credit Administration
- Facility Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited