Company Accountant at Pal Pensions
Posted on: 21 January, 2019
Deadline: 28 January, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Pal Pensions
Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator with over 10 years of professional experience in Pension Funds Administration. We were incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004.
- Responsible for producing and analysing year-end financial accounts; liaising with the Company’s auditors, production of statutory accounts and lodgement of the Company's taxation return.
- Preparation of Financial Statement in line with the IFRS standards.
- Responsible for producing annual budgets, Variance Analysis of the Management Accounts compared to the Approved Budget and ad-hoc reports on quarterly basis.
- Must be able to produce Supporting schedules that are always in agreement with the Financial Statements.
- Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centres when required; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres.
- Responsible for managing of all company bank accounts including company credit cards; ensuring adequate funds are available to meet expenditure requirements; ensuring excess funds are earning a reasonable rate of return; liaising on a regular basis with the company's bankers.
- Responsible for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets.
- Liaise with the company tax consultants on regular basis for tax payment, computations, regulations and audit
- Ensuring that all statutory deductions are deducted and remitted as and when due (VAT, CIT, Education Levy, NITDA, WHT, PAYE, NSITF, NHF etc.) and ensuring due compliance with laid down regulations.
- Second class degree in Accounting/Business Administration or any numerate discipline
- 3-5 years working experience post ACA/ACCA qualification
- High awareness of current technical accounting and reporting requirements under IFRS
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Numerate and analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Know More About Pal PensionsSimilar Jobs
- Account Officer at Ashton & Dave Travels
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
- Experienced Agency Accountant at Global Axis Exchange
- Accountant at SPM Professionals Limited
- Chief Investment Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Collection Officer at Transsnet Financial
- Total Young Graduate Programme (YGP) at TOTAL
- Accountant at Creative Associates International