Internal Control and Audit Officer at The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
Posted on: 14 January, 2019
Deadline: 17 January, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Poverty Reduction and Rural W
Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative, a microfinance institute whose Head office is located in Lagos is currently seeking to recruit the services of:
Internal Control and Audit Officer
Location: Ijebu-Ode, Ogun
- To monitor internal control and ensure that staff comply with the bank's accounting system and internal control policies.
- Carry out all duties that focus on monitoring compliance with the bank's internal control policies in the branches and units.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of the company’s bank accounts
- Ensure all outstanding transactions are posted promptly
- Ensure wrong postings of transactions are reversed
- Daily follow up with operations/tellers on outstanding transactions
- Raise exception report on a daily basis
- Check all books of account to ensure they are free of errors.
- Verify all expenses made in the branch, including price verification and certification of payment voucher.
- Check loan forms and files for adequacy, precedent to disbursement.
- Verify client's business to confirm feasibility precedent to loan disbursement.
- Pay random visit to client site, for account reconciliation.
- Facilitate training of client before disbursement of loan and interview and attends to clients before opening of accounts.
- Ensure all KYC and KYB documents are properly filed before reconciliation.
- Check petty cash book on a daily basis.
- Monitor bank's assets and identify any obsolete or idle assets for efficient disposal as may be required.
- Prepare compliance and control reports as may be appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Control.
- Bachelor's degree or HND from a recognized academic institution in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience in related role; working in a Banking or Microfinance bank setting.
- Candidates should be willing to resume within a short notice.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word processing.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge in existing regulatory framework and best practices in internal control and audit.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their tailored CV with the details of their address, qualification in the body of the mail to: email@example.com the job title and location as the subject of the mail
Note: Only candidates residing in the area mentioned above should apply and only experienced candidates in a Microfinance Bank setting.
- Recent Jobs from The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Relationship Officer at The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)
- Know More About The Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative (PRRWEI)Similar Jobs
- Loan Analyst at Rotawn Energy & Logistics Services Ltd
- Project Accountants at Doheney Services Ltd
- Graduate Accountant at Sujimoto Construction Limited
- Finance Officer at Mikado Nigeria Limited
- Project Finance Manager at Ericsson
- Accountant at Imo International Health Systems
- Account Officer Trainee at Imo International Health Systems
- Accounts Clerk at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.