MyJobMag - Our client in the travel industry is seeking to recruit competent and qualified individuals who would be willing and capable of playing extensive, inter-dependent roles, not only in sales and business development, but in business operations, people management and strategy.
Tourism, Hotels and Holidays Manager
The Tourism, Hotels and Holidays Manager would be responsible for managing tickets and other relevant documents, seat allocations and any special requirements. The ideal candidate would:
- Assist with passport and immigration issues required for travel;
- Help holidaymakers check-in and settle into their accommodation;
- Communicate a range of information on itineraries, destinations and culture;
- Make sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that accommodation, meals and services are satisfactory;
- Ensure that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group;
- Respond to questions and offering help with any problems that may arise, ranging from simple matters, such as directing a member of the group to the nearest chemist, to more serious issues, such as tracing lost baggage;
- Deal with emergencies, such as helping a holidaymaker who is ill or those needing to contact family members urgently;
- Make contact in advance with places to stay or visit to check details and arrangements;
- Liaise with hotels, coach companies, restaurants and other clients;
- Advise about facilities, such as sights, restaurants and shops, at each destination;
- Make accommodation bookings on proposed dates occasionally;
- Writing reports and maintaining records;
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, tourism events, conferences, workshops, seminars and exhibitions.
- Must reside in Lagos
- Possess a bachelor degree.
- Minimum of three years managerial experience in a travel and tourism company;
- Excellent networking and negotiation skill with an in-depth ability to convert leads to deals
- Candidate must have extensive experience in travel bookings, reservations, itinerary management, change management etc
- Ability to develop domestic and international packages by researching attractions in new and known destinations, suggesting interesting travel routes or places of interest;
- Ability to design flexible tour packages to meet the needs of different customers;
- Ability to explore and identify new business opportunities in a competitive and rapidly changing industry;
Salary: Very Competitive
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should include in their cover letter a professional development plan. This should clearly state a plan for developing/acquiring skills and experience to support your career goal (in the traveling industry) and continued improvement on the job.